Search

Delta Employee Curse at Customer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Delta Employee Curse at Customer

Interesting situation. Delta employee cursed at a passenger getting his bag back. Now other than reading the article I don't know what the passenger said/did before he was cursed at, but it is never acceptable to curse at a passenger. Delta has apologized, and the man in the video has been suspended (although the woman should've as well, she has no business working customer service either).

kgw.com | Watch: Delta Air Lines employee curses at customer at PDX
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
IMO a lot of airline passengers these days deserve a good cursing at.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:27 pm

Looks like old dude was not familiar with the concept of a device that captures moving pictures and audio all at the same time. LOL!
DCP2016 and Gammur like this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:40 pm

WOW ! Quick question , couldn't the DL agents have simply pulled up the PNR or bag tag information and advised the passenger of the status of the bags ? I would assume that DL agents have the same capabilities that passengers have with the FlyDelta app. Perhaps the bags had been forwarded to HA , perhaps the bags had been
expedited on a DL flight, perhaps the bags were in transit, or perhaps the bags were "on hand" with DL or HA at the airport. Seems that just a little customer service could have gone a long way in this situation. I am sure we don't have the entire story but calling the police is a very serious matter.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:42 pm

Obviously we’re only seeing half the story here, but, that is completely unacceptable regardless of the circumstances.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:47 pm

If this happened onboard, the passenger would have been removed and had his flying privileges revoked for improper filming of a crew member!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by DCP2016
Interesting situation. Delta employee cursed at a passenger getting his bag back. Now other than reading the article I don't know what the passenger said/did before he was cursed at, but it is never acceptable to curse at a passenger. Delta has apologized, and the man in the video has been suspended (although the woman should've as well, she has no business working customer service either).

kgw.com | Watch: Delta Air Lines employee curses at customer at PDX
If I happened to be the agent behind the counter....first thing I would do is tell the person "You don't have my permission to record me". I would walk away from the counter. Better that than do something stupid like curse.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
If this happened onboard, the passenger would have been removed and had his flying privileges revoked for improper filming of a crew member!
This didn't happen on-board though, it happened in an airport. No excuse for cursing either. Way to miss the point. Again, we may not be getting the full story but cursing at a customer is unacceptable. If the customer is harassing you/causing issues, you either call up your supervisor or the police if the situation warrants it.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:59 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OHDL1
If I happened to be the agent behind the counter....first thing I would do is tell the person "You don't have my permission to record me". I would walk away from the counter. Better that than do something stupid like curse.
Except you are in a public space (DL doesn't own terminals) and there is no expectation that one won't be video recorded in an airport. Now if the person recording wanted to use the video commercially there could be an argument for compensation.

But it is better to walk away then get into a confrontation. In CS if one gets angry, the other person won.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by WWads
Winner for one of the worst things I have ever seen on FT (and that is saying a ton)!
pindi, hnewman, DiverDave and 9 others like this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by DCP2016
This didn't happen on-board though, it happened in an airport. No excuse for cursing either. Way to miss the point. Again, we may not be getting the full story but cursing at a customer is unacceptable. If the customer is harassing you/causing issues, you either call up your supervisor or the police if the situation warrants it.
Once the police are called (or even mentioned) you can not walk that back. It better be at a police level or it will be a PR mess!
strickerj and DCP2016 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Winner for one of the worst things I have ever seen on FT (and that is saying a ton)!
Obviously I'm kidding (mostly). The reverse is true as well.

I've seen a lot of bad behavior by airline passengers recently, both kettles and elites alike. At some point these people should be put in their place. You must not read FT a lot if my comment is one of the worst you've ever seen.
CalebMCO likes this.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Feb 13, 2018 at 6:51 pm
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Once the police are called (or even mentioned) you can not walk that back. It better be at a police level or it will be a PR mess!
I thought I did hear the rep say they were calling the police. Maybe I misheard, though. Anyone know if they showed?

Anyhow, evidence to date is that there are no real consequences to bad PR for a major airline, and rarely consequences for the employees involved in an incident.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Patently false.

Customers deserve to be treated with respect.

If they're legitimately misbehaving then the airport police are always on hand.

There is no situation in which a customer "deserves a good cursing at"- what an ugly, ugly mindset.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Meh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.