Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New DL Ground Crew Uniforms

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
New DL Ground Crew Uniforms

Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:31 am

That purple is not a flattering color for a lot of people!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
In the photos in the article the flight attendant's dress doesn't look bad. However, that gate agent outfit - the grey vest with the grey pants and the purple turtleneck is HIDEOUS IMO.
flyertalker003934 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:33 pm

Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Or just go back to these. I think these are a lot nicer than the new ones.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
I hope Delta and the manufacturer did their research on the fabric to avoid the same issues that AA had with theirs. Also, I am little surprised with the fabric choice on their aircrew uniform. I thought most synthetics are avoided to minimize injuries when exposed to fire.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Biggest mistake from DL. The new purple uniform is sooo unflattering. China Airlines has purple uniform too but it's a much better and flattering hue. I dont understand why company keep wanting "reinvent" themselves, when there is nothing wrong. DL's red and navy colors are very very classy and ageless. They should play around with uniform style and not mess with the colors.

I've been on flights when they ran trials last year - the purple uniform is an eyesore for me.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I really like the new uniform. It breaks out of the mold and is fun. I've also seen the uniform in person on a trial run, and it looked just fantastic.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Let's hope DL doesn't repaint the planes into red+navy= dino purple...
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by No_Name
I hope Delta and the manufacturer did their research on the fabric to avoid the same issues that AA had with theirs. Also, I am little surprised with the fabric choice on their aircrew uniform. I thought most synthetics are avoided to minimize injuries when exposed to fire.
While synthetics burn more easily, incorporating synthetics is pretty common. For example, aircrew uniforms for our military combine flame resistance Nomex and generic aramids, flame resistant rayon and wool with lycra, spandex and nylon.
On another note, I get that purple is a combination of blue and red, but I'm not sure I love it.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Ugh, I’d been hoping the silence on the new uniforms was a quiet acknowledgment that the Posen redesign was a fiasco and that they would reset the process. The new uniforms are ugly, ugly, ugly and feel more dated than the uniforms they replace. I guess we’ll see just how unpopular the rollout is in May...

AS’s new uniform redesign is amazing and may be one of the few things they have gotten right in the last few years. DL deserved a collection of similar quality.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I really like the new uniform. It breaks out of the mold and is fun. I've also seen the uniform in person on a trial run, and it looked just fantastic.
I saw them in person and my first thought was that Delta must be doing an aircrew exchange with their JV partners. The color does not match any of the primary Delta branding (Delta Logos | Delta News Hub), which I find baffling. The FAs that I talked with who were wearing the new uniforms were less than enthusiastic with the fit and colors--hopefully the fit issues have been fixed but it looks like the FAs are out-of-luck on the colors.

Regardless, as long as the Delta employees are happy with the new uniforms it doesn't really bother me (other than I personally find the color to be a bit of an eyesore).
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:48 am

I wonder if the front end crew are getting the purple uniforms?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by BenA
Ugh, I’d been hoping the silence on the new uniforms was a quiet acknowledgment that the Posen redesign was a fiasco and that they would reset the process. The new uniforms are ugly, ugly, ugly and feel more dated than the uniforms they replace. I guess we’ll see just how unpopular the rollout is in May...

AS’s new uniform redesign is amazing and may be one of the few things they have gotten right in the last few years. DL deserved a collection of similar quality.
------
Alaska Airlines, really ??.....take a good look again. Their new uniforms are almost exactly like United's current Cintas uniforms and you can't get any more dumbed down and cheaper looking than that. Far from amazing...., but.....all in the eye of the beholder.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by No_Name
I saw them in person and my first thought was that Delta must be doing an aircrew exchange with their JV partners. The color does not match any of the primary Delta branding (Delta Logos Delta News Hub), which I find baffling.
Agree. This seems to be a branding fail. While a designer might think of mixing Delta's primary branding colors, the average consumer will not "get it". They will see it as a third color.

Some other thoughts. You want the color to stand out. The Red Coats stand out because nobody else wears a red coat. The red FA dresses stand out for the same reason. Purple will stand out for the same reason, but it does not seem to match the branding. Second, you want the FA to be a brand ambassador. If you see an FA in the airport, you have an idea which airline they work for. It should match the branding in the airport, and on the airplanes. The best way to do this is using the same color palette.

Delta really needs something to bring this back to the Delta branding. A purple outfit with purple scarves does not do it. They should integrate red or navy scarves/ties/pocket squares into it. The purple and gray combinations for the gate agents look fine, but again need something to pull it back to the Delta branding. Honestly I have no idea those are Delta employees, they look like they could be Southwest employees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.