Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The placard lied to me...I知 emotionally distraught

The placard lied to me...I知 emotionally distraught

Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:25 pm

In the unlikely event of a cabin depressurization plug in those Oxygen Masks to the elusive Power Ports located on the bottom of the seat behind you or in the bulkhead seat in between those tray tables in case they do not inflate. Going for a Water Evacuation plug in the cooler and set to Emergency Cool Mode and bring along those Craft Beers on the Raft!

Wait until the Green Light turns to Red and follow the Red Indicator Lights of the Power Ports to the nearest usable exit keeping in mind that it may be behind you. Keep low to avoid inhaling smoke cause you can't toke in the lavs or cabin as that may cost you $10,000 dollars and/or a 10 year Imprisonment and yes that includes tampering or disabling the lavrator smoker alarms that activate should there be smoke from cigars brisket and other smoke producing items. Oh an the use of E-Cigs are never allowed and if you plug it into the Power Port it will sound a loud alarm that will haunt you for years to come! Your crew are here primarily for your safety so don't be surprised if they ask you for your credit card to use our GoGo Inflight WIFI or Power Port on a per minute basis once we reach 10,000 feet above the ground.

Last edited by danielonn; Feb 10, 2018 at 2:38 pm
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by guv1976
More like an Emotional Support Outlet -- well grounded, of course!

HA! I knew there was a better quip there!
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:28 pm

Time to bust out your inner fashion blogger and whine for some compensation. ^
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Clearly, you were on a 717 and did not look hard enough.

To find the power port, you first go to the row behind you.

Then, laying on your back, with your head pointed towards the front of the plane, edge your body forwards.

When your head approaches the floor area in front of your seat, look up and you will see the power ports.

Plug in your device and make sure it is charging, so that you do not have to repeat this procedure.

This same procedure is required for a MD-90.
hi55us likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by knit-in
You will need an Emotional Support Animal for all your future travels!
No, OP needs to be declared an Emotional Support Animal. Free travel for life!
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
I think it was a 737-800

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Then, laying on your back, with your head pointed towards the front of the plane, edge your body forwards.

When your head approaches the floor area in front of your seat, look up and you will see the power ports.

Plug in your device and make sure it is charging, so that you do not have to repeat this procedure.

and, evidently, an award winning aircraft!
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
You weren稚 joking

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Though it was a 737-800. The plugs are waaaay down there預lmost ankle level. I didn稚 see the plugs when seated in the bulkhead row, but who knows!
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by No_Name

Though it was a 737-800. The plugs are waaaay down there預lmost ankle level. I didn稚 see the plugs when seated in the bulkhead row, but who knows!
Well, if you follow my procedure, be careful to avoid the ESA droppings under the seat.

It looks like you did what I tried to do... go exploring with your phone camera.

Seriously, though, on most any DL plane that provides power ports, they could have not done a better job of placing them in an obscure, remote, hard to access location. I was on my hands and knees last night trying to access them. FA came and asked if I had lost something. I was discrete and avoided responding "Yes, my patience."
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by awayIgo
I am reading this thread with tears of laughter rolling down my face--but when you stop and think it is also so so sad. All of the really humorus comments are culled from real stories. What are we becoming when we need peacocks and hamsters and ducks to fly! ( wait some of those DO fly--but do they really need an aircraft?)
Notice they became prevalent after Delta started "enhancing" its product?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by awayIgo
I am reading this thread with tears of laughter rolling down my face--but when you stop and think it is also so so sad. All of the really humorus comments are culled from real stories. What are we becoming when we need peacocks and hamsters and ducks to fly! ( wait some of those DO fly--but do they really need an aircraft?)

No doubt the mules were ESAs for those folks crossing Death Valley.
awayIgo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.