Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta economy class Menus for flights from BOS to LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:30 am
Original Poster

We are flying from BOS to LHR this upcoming July and my father is traveling with us. He has food allergies but can eat chicken and turkey. Our flight will include dinner and breakfast. I can't find a link to the menus that will be offered. I don't want to sign him up for a vegetarian meal if they'll actually offer something he can eat.

Can anyone point me to a link that shows what the dining options are in economy class for BOS to LHR and return? I looked around on this website but maybe I missed it somehow?

Thank you for your help!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
DL doesn't list in advance what meals will be on a flight; you have to wait until you're on the plane to see what they're offering. Your dad should order the vegetarian meal to be safe.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, All on my own dime.
Well, if it were me and I was super food sensitive, I would bring my own instead of taking a chance on what the airline will provide.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

I was assuming it was a basic menu that stayed the same each day for that flight.
Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:36 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
IME, they usually have a chicken or turkey salad that gets good reviews. Looks something like this:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28116083-post327.html

It may run out quickly though, try to sit close to the front of the cabin.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Even in classes of service which offer an advance menu, it is not guaranteed. I would order a special meal.

Beyond that, as these are food allergie, I would bring food prepared under whatever precautions his degree of sensitivity requires.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TTT
IME, they usually have a chicken or turkey salad that gets good reviews. Looks something like this:

The salad is definitely pretty solid, and agreed, I've had multiple F/As comment that it frequently runs out.

Either way, I agree with everyone else's comments - I'd order the vegetarian special meal just to be safe (or, just bring your own food and then you definitely won't have to worry).
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:27 pm

What food allergies does your Father have? I would call Delta and see about requesting a Special Meal perhaps an Asian Vegetarian Meal/ Hindu Meal depending on the allergies.

Also it helps to bring your own food with you as well just in case there is an allergen in the food. In the Delta Magazine it states"We cannot guarantee that our products are free from allergens and that the items are prepared in a facility that has Dairy and Nuts". I have heard Delta make an announcement when there was someone with a severe peanut allergy asking passengers not to consume any items with nuts and they did not serve any snacks containing nuts.

I was happy that Delta at least cares to help the passenger with the nut allergy but unfortunately there are still risks.

Good luck and I wish you all a safe trip!
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TTT

+1

There are several versions of the chilled salad meals, and all have been better than "mystery chicken" or "mystery pasta". My favorite is the chicken and kale salad with cashews.

They do run out quickly, so sitting as close to the front of the cabin as possible is wise. When I am seated farther back (exit doors on 764, 332 or 333) I will chat up the FA upon boarding and ask that they snag a salad for me. As always, a smile and politeness goes a long ways to get you what you want in the airline industry.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
IME, usual meal options on TATL flights are chicken, pasta, or some type of chilled salad (these can contain chicken, turkey, or even shrimp, so I'd be hesitant to bet on a chicken salad). Either way, if you want the chilled option, sit as far forward as possible. Sometimes, they don't even make it beyond C+.

I've enjoyed the Hindu Meal out of BOS because it was good-flavored vegetarian food, but you'd have to decide if South Asian / East Asian cooking would fit the specifics of your food allergies.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
Originally Posted by TTT

Sadly that salad looks better than the main course offerings I've had in D1 over the last two years.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KKinLA
Sadly that salad looks better than the main course offerings I've had in D1 over the last two years.
I would love a meal like that in domestic first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.