Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many bag/brag tags is too many?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
Could you just not have looked the other way?? No, you could not and you needed to snap a photo, Tag envy possibly
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by Zeeb
I put a sticker label with my skymiles number on mine so it serves as a backup way to ID my bag if lost.
Me too! Referencing SJC ORD LDR's post above, I put back the bar code and skymiles number on them and put them on my checked luggage.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would never put a single current standard status tag on a bag. I have at times in recent years put on my Pan Am Clipper Club or Platinum tags on my bag, other times I will put on my old Royal Medallion tag, sometimes my BA Concorde tag, and occasionally my DL Diamond 2MM card. These, have more often than not gotten me excellent service onboard and much admiration from older cabin crew.........I did do a thing as a joke a few years ago for a few flights where I made an extended lanyard and put about 20 years of Delta top tier tags, 20 years of BA Gold cards, 8 LH SEN tags, 8 Emirates tags, about 18 years of KL and then FB Platinum tags, 10 years of Turkish tags, and a few years of Etihad tags. It was an enormous mass of tags, that I did in a friendly one upsmanship thing that I did with a colleague who was going on about his two next to top tier status levels. It was ridiculous and took them off after two trips!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:32 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
I'm giving my DM tags to FO's because they look silver anyway and they didn't get any tags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.