Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many bag/brag tags is too many?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Ledfish
I have one on my computer bag, which is on the large side, so a couple of times when overheard space was tight in FC, the FA offered to stow it in the closet rather than make me stuff it under the seat. Other than that, I haven't experienced any other benefit to having it on my bags.
THIS
It has happened to me several times when I have had a tight connection and have not been able to board with Premium. The Diamond tag has caught FAs attention, especially when I am in Comfort+. Just gets a little extra TLC.

Also, the 1 Million Miler designation has lead to some fun conversations. I've been asked a few times how long it took me, mostly domestic or international, etc. I am not usually a conversation initiator, but I will engage if spoken to.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Did the guy have long hair and glasses? I sat beside a guy once on a DTW/MIA flight that had a bag that looked like this one and he had a bunch of Diamond tags on it (I figured he would be a real DYKWIA type but he was actually really friendly to both me and the FA)

I saw him a few months later on an LAX/DTW flight. They pulled a few people from coach up to first and he must have been on a higher fare ticket because I was pretty low down on the list and he had the same bag. I only remembered him because of the bag full of diamond tags.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
THIS
It has happened to me several times when I have had a tight connection and have not been able to board with Premium. The Diamond tag has caught FAs attention, especially when I am in Comfort+. Just gets a little extra TLC.
Yep. This too ^

But we can let everyone mock those who dare attach a bag tag because some think it's a status symbol. While they're humbly carrying a $700 Tumi bag with their initials on it.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I was traveling with my Royal Medallion tag on my backpack/computer bag until a couple of years ago. Started having shoulder problems from the weight, switched to a rolling computer bag, and just used the tag that was on the new bag. Royal Medallion is still on the backpack, I just don't use it for travel these days.

Met a lot of people who didn't realize Delta had a different frequent flyer program pre-1995.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
[QUOTE=Cory6188;29397614They don't even have your SM on them anymore, so they're useless as far as actual identification goes,[/QUOTE]

I got a label maker and used it to put my SM# on the tags. They have held up pretty well so far and can be used to identify the owner if I lose them. Cheap, simple hack to make them useful again.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
I think that you should use all of the tags that you have ever earned, like I think Super Bowl champions should have to wear all of the rings that they have been awarded ... lets see Tom Brady throw wearing 5 of those huge rings.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
​​​​​​​At the risk of snark, what the difference between sporting lots of bag tags and this:

​​​​​​​
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:29 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I just went through my desk and found all of mine, the problem is they don't fit on the cable ring I have on my backpack. For the old plastic ones I can flex it a bit and get them on there, but the diamond ones are not going on. I guess I could use the cable delta sends but I just opened that package and it's an obviously crappier cable.

Anyway, I found a bunch of old platinum and gold tags, and I found my old silver membership cards but I couldn't find any silver tags. I could just get a hole punch and add all my hotel and grocery store cards on there as well I suppose.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Originally Posted by pvn
I doubt this offer was because of the tag. If you're sitting in F they're always going to let you put your bag in the closet.
While this may be true for some, this has not been my experience when sitting in first class.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I use mine as a bag ID card. It’s free vs the cost of buying one. Shoot me
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zrs70
At the risk of snark, what the difference between sporting lots of bag tags and this:

​​​​​​​This only goes out to other Travel Geeks.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:17 pm

Guess I need to grow up then...
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:21 pm

that new 360 bag tag looks pretty awesome imo. would look great on some black tumi
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
THIS

Also, the 1 Million Miler designation has lead to some fun conversations. I've been asked a few times how long it took me, mostly domestic or international, etc. I am not usually a conversation initiator, but I will engage if spoken to.
I've had it happen too after boarding late and finding the OH's full and the FA making extra effort to find room for my bag, often in the crew closet.

Though I guess since I dropped down to PM on 1 February I should probably go take the tags off and put the PM ones back on.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:35 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Dug around in the drawer. This lego VIP card is gonna get me the respect I deserve. Gonna start dremeling holes in all these cards tonight

ACCDraw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.