Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many bag/brag tags is too many?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:54 am

The best thing to do is put on an old Silver tag. Then when you get upgraded you can watch the people with DM cowbells stampede to complain
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
"I'm too cool to put my status tag on my bag, anybody that does is swinging their D*ck or bragging" - FT

If people wanna put their tags on who cares lol its almost like a bumper-sticker

Full disclosure:
I have my Platinum tag on my bag and I glide around the airport with it with pride :-:
jonathanbak likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by pvn
People decorate their stuff. Coders put stickers all over their laptops from projects they work with and conferences they attend. Coal miners have a culture of putting flair on their helmets. This really isn't some weird aberrant behavior that has never been seen before.
In those examples, those are their careers; not their commute.

It's more like decorating your car, or subway seat with a sticker that says "douche."
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Zero.....anything higher and it is a bit of dick waving, nothing more nothing less.
Agreed. If you have nice bags to begin with, why bring them down with a 17 cent plastic ego stroke.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I don't have one on my laptop bag, but I keep one on my rollerboard in the hopes that they will think twice about manhandling my bag or make a little extra effort getting it to it's connection. This may be wishful thinking but that's my rationale.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
I don't have one on my laptop bag, but I keep one on my rollerboard in the hopes that they will think twice about manhandling my bag or make a little extra effort getting it to it's connection. This may be wishful thinking but that's my rationale.
Definitely wishful thinking. The throwers don't give a crap about your status.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Well, this morning I saw someone board with at least four Delta diamond bag tags attached to one bag. Talk about excessive, if not arrogant.
This guy you saw is an amateur -- there was a pic a while back where someone had multiple cowbells, but not content to have them just stacked up, they'd glued or somehow or other forced them to always be spread out to be sure people could see them all.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Originally Posted by Keith2004
Full disclosure:
I have my Platinum tag on my bag and I glide around the airport with it with pride :-:
I have a couple GM and a PM, but they're all under my KM:
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Such a bizarre phenomenon of people caring about what others may, or may not, put on a bag. Seriously, why do you all care so much to take a pic and start a thread?

This all just cracks me up. "I'm waaaaay too modest to ever put a tag on my bag" type-attitude. Do you remove/cover the Tumi icon from your bag too? How about yanking off the Polo emblem on your shirts? How about covering the emblems on your BMW? Do you put a little sticker over that Rolex symbol too? Don't want to brag, right?

I have *one* tag on my bag. MSPEcon is onpoint with her post. Believe it or not, having the tag on a carry-on actually DOES have a benefit sometimes like she mentions. FA's are much quicker to open that closet for a bag with a "brag" tag once the overheads are full...and given FCM this helps when stuck in Y+ with full bins and you're boarding late due to a tight cxn.
jonathanbak likes this.

Last edited by hockeystl; Feb 9, 2018 at 7:59 am
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
The fellow with 4 DM tags on the bag will feel 4X the remorse when the cheesy wire tie that DL provides unscrews and he loses them all.

I keep one tag on each bag and try to make the tag visible in the overhead so that, if an FA is looking to make room by finding one to remove, he/she may pass by mine.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
In most cases there is a correlation to the number of brag tags and the size of their gut, and an inverse relationship to how they treat others.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Cory6188
Has anyone found that having them has actually made a difference in their travel experience?
In some of the out-stations where you may need a card for airport security priority lines they can be helpful. Oslo has automated gates, which didn't recognize my status when flying KLM for some reason. I had to flash a card to the attendant to override the automated gate.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by pvn
I doubt this offer was because of the tag. If you're sitting in F they're always going to let you put your bag in the closet.
Except on Delta Connection flights operated by GoJet. The flight attendants on this regional carrier are a real pain in the butt about first-class passengers stowing a briefcase or small carry-on in the closet. I often travel with about $7,000 in camera gear. There's no way I will gate-check the bag with that kind of equipment in it.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
OP, I think I've seen that guy's bag before. Was he about mid 30s and average height? If so, he finally made MM, I see.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yohanson
OP, I think I've seen that guy's bag before. Was he about mid 30s and average height? If so, he finally made MM, I see.
No. Probably 50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.