Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Refresh me on transiting ATL from T4 to International Terminal

Old Feb 5, 18, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Refresh me on transiting ATL from gate T4 to International Terminal

Been at least a decade since I've transferred in ATL. We have 2 hours this evening to get from gate T4 (currently scheduled) coming from BOS, checking 2 bags, and transferring to gate F2 (per Flightaware) to head to South America also on Delta metal. We have Global Entry

Assuming ontime arrival could this be a tight connection? We did OLCI, and we are in Comfort +, if that makes a difference. Is there an airside connection or do we have to go thru security again?

If nothing to worry about, anyplace you recommend for a good dinner in between flights, or something "different" for shopping?

Thanks!

Edit: I've updated the title from "T4" to "Gate T4"

Last edited by Out of my Element; Feb 5, 18 at 8:58 am Reason: clarity
Old Feb 5, 18, 6:50 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
You won't have to go through security again. All terminals are connected by underground subway. You'll have an easy connection. For dinner, One Flew South is in E and is the go-to recommendation.
bgriff likes this.
Old Feb 5, 18, 7:16 am
Original Poster

That's great, thanks! I remember a long walk between terminals last time, which was a domestic/domestic Delta connection. Looking forward to trying One Flew South
Old Feb 5, 18, 7:23 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Even though ATL has separate Domestic and International Terminals, they both connect to the same airside area, just from opposite ends. Everything is connected behind security as mentioned.

Here's a map, you can find them on google:

You can walk between concourses if you want, but T to F is about 1.25 miles (estimated via google maps). I've actually not walked between E and F, you might have to go up half a level to make it. But in any case, the air train (which runs in the same tunnel as the walkways) goes between each concourse about every 2 minutes.
Old Feb 5, 18, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I'm sure we'll take the train as we'll have carryons without wheels due to the Int'l weight restrictions
Old Feb 5, 18, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
T-E is good walk. However, the walk from E to F is awful. Take the train.

That being said, unless you are a few minutes out from landing, your gate will probably change between now and then. Hence my initial confusion why you thought ATL had a Terminal 4.

Last edited by aviatorzz; Feb 5, 18 at 8:35 am
Old Feb 5, 18, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by aviatorzz View Post
Hence my confusion why you thought ATL had a Terminal 4.
The OP asked about Gate T4.
Old Feb 5, 18, 8:34 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe View Post
The OP asked about Gate T4.
And yet before I clicked on the thread this is what I saw:

And yes, I can read!

Edit: added the word "initial" before confusion so people know I can actually read
Old Feb 5, 18, 11:24 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG/SPG/MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver, EK Kettle, AA Hater
Piece of cake, more than enough time. ATL is the easiest connection airport in the world.

One flew south on E or Ecco on F for dinner
Old Feb 5, 18, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by aviatorzz View Post
T-E is good walk. However, the walk from E to F is awful. Take the train.

That being said, unless you are a few minutes out from landing, your gate will probably change between now and then. Hence my initial confusion why you thought ATL had a Terminal 4.
Terminal F is literally in another county and can save a little bit on sales tax.
Old Feb 5, 18, 4:57 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/2.98MM And holding - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Plat
I love to walk - when traveling it's usually the only exercise I'll have all day. If I have an early afternoon flight, I'll arrive to the airport early, walk from domestic check in to F to grab some lunch and then back to my gate. In the tunnels, you'll see African stone sculptures, a cool rain forest and the history of Atlanta - these are located between the concourse stops on the train and you never see any of this without walking. I hope they come up with another neat exhibit for the area between C and D. Tons of airline employees always walk, I see pilots, FA's and gate agents on their breaks down there all the time.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: