FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Refresh me on transiting ATL from T4 to International Terminal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1892333-refresh-me-transiting-atl-t4-international-terminal.html)

Out of my Element Feb 5, 2018 6:41 am

Refresh me on transiting ATL from gate T4 to International Terminal

Been at least a decade since I've transferred in ATL. We have 2 hours this evening to get from gate T4 (currently scheduled) coming from BOS, checking 2 bags, and transferring to gate F2 (per Flightaware) to head to South America also on Delta metal. We have Global Entry

Assuming ontime arrival could this be a tight connection? We did OLCI, and we are in Comfort +, if that makes a difference. Is there an airside connection or do we have to go thru security again?

If nothing to worry about, anyplace you recommend for a good dinner in between flights, or something "different" for shopping?

Thanks!

Edit: I've updated the title from "T4" to "Gate T4"

anon2k2 Feb 5, 2018 6:50 am

You won't have to go through security again. All terminals are connected by underground subway. You'll have an easy connection. For dinner, One Flew South is in E and is the go-to recommendation.

Out of my Element Feb 5, 2018 7:16 am

That's great, thanks! I remember a long walk between terminals last time, which was a domestic/domestic Delta connection. Looking forward to trying One Flew South

pvn Feb 5, 2018 7:23 am

Even though ATL has separate Domestic and International Terminals, they both connect to the same airside area, just from opposite ends. Everything is connected behind security as mentioned.

Here's a map, you can find them on google:

https://content.delta.com/content/ww...t-maps/ATL.png

You can walk between concourses if you want, but T to F is about 1.25 miles (estimated via google maps). I've actually not walked between E and F, you might have to go up half a level to make it. But in any case, the air train (which runs in the same tunnel as the walkways) goes between each concourse about every 2 minutes.

Out of my Element Feb 5, 2018 8:00 am

Thanks. I'm sure we'll take the train as we'll have carryons without wheels due to the Int'l weight restrictions

aviatorzz Feb 5, 2018 8:23 am

T-E is good walk. However, the walk from E to F is awful. Take the train.

That being said, unless you are a few minutes out from landing, your gate will probably change between now and then. Hence my initial confusion why you thought ATL had a Terminal 4.

UpgradeMe Feb 5, 2018 8:30 am

Originally Posted by aviatorzz (Post 29381518)
Hence my confusion why you thought ATL had a Terminal 4.

The OP asked about Gate T4.

aviatorzz Feb 5, 2018 8:34 am

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe (Post 29381552)
The OP asked about Gate T4.

And yet before I clicked on the thread this is what I saw:

Refresh me on transiting ATL from T4 to International Terminal

And yes, I can read!

Edit: added the word "initial" before confusion so people know I can actually read

dilbertsdaddy Feb 5, 2018 11:24 am

Piece of cake, more than enough time. ATL is the easiest connection airport in the world.

One flew south on E or Ecco on F for dinner

Xu Guan Feb 5, 2018 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by aviatorzz (Post 29381518)
T-E is good walk. However, the walk from E to F is awful. Take the train.

That being said, unless you are a few minutes out from landing, your gate will probably change between now and then. Hence my initial confusion why you thought ATL had a Terminal 4.

Terminal F is literally in another county and can save a little bit on sales tax.

Tomphot Feb 5, 2018 4:57 pm

I love to walk - when traveling it's usually the only exercise I'll have all day. If I have an early afternoon flight, I'll arrive to the airport early, walk from domestic check in to F to grab some lunch and then back to my gate. In the tunnels, you'll see African stone sculptures, a cool rain forest and the history of Atlanta - these are located between the concourse stops on the train and you never see any of this without walking. I hope they come up with another neat exhibit for the area between C and D. Tons of airline employees always walk, I see pilots, FA's and gate agents on their breaks down there all the time.