Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyClub Food Standards Dropping (2016-now)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub Food Standards Dropping (2016-now)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
I have not had this feeling. I enjoy the different cream cheese options in the morning as well as the cheese omelets they have at RDU and then the soups and chicken bowls in the afternoon.

Plus I remember how things were even five years ago when this was the afternoon spread at RDU:

this is far better than what ua, us and co offered 5 years ago...they never had fresh veggies just packaged milanos, shortbread and cheese
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
2018 might very well be a downgrade on what was in the SCs in 2016 but it's an enormous improvement on what was in the SCs in 2013 or so.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
SFO SkyClub continues to be an exemplar for US domestic lounges . . . had a nice light dinner there last night of soup, pasta, and salad. So much better than the UA offerings across the way in T3 . . . .
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
ATL F was decent today. They had lots of bread options, and stuffed hash browns. A protein would have been nice.

The bagels were really good. Normally I only get bagels in NYC but these got pretty close.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WWads
ATL F was decent today. They had lots of bread options, and stuffed hash browns. A protein would have been nice.
You and I were probably there at or around the same time today; I wondered in around 10am. The stuffed hash browns were actually really good. I got there towards the end of breakfast time and nabbed the last couple and then they were replaced by scrambled eggs, which weren't as good.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Yeah I’m officially on board with this being a problem. ATL E (usually the best ATL food SC) had one soup and and two pastas today, and all of those were almost out. No protein at all.

If DL is going to make SCs even harder to access, they need to up the standards.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah I’m officially on board with this being a problem. ATL E (usually the best ATL food SC) had one soup and and two pastas today, and all of those were almost out. No protein at all.

If DL is going to make SCs even harder to access, they need to up the standards.
You would think that would be the case but it sure seems like the opposite. Recently traveled home from MCO with a work colleague. Figured hey instead of you paying 29 guest pass let's just try The Club at MCO and I'll get you in for free with PP. That place is cleaner, nicer and way better options for food/drink. Even has an Xbox to play video games if you want. The views are crap but with no many less people and better options I'll never be returning to the MCO SkyClub. I swear nothing has changed in 20 years since I traveled with my family to the club.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
.... I swear nothing has changed in 20 years since I traveled with my family to the club.
Well, they did cut the size of the club significantly in that period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.