Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France and KLM now TSA PreCheck!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thumbs up Air France and KLM now TSA PreCheck!

Along with Air France and KLM, Brussels Airlines, Philippine Airlines and World Atlantic are also now TSA Pre

https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...ional-airlines

GREAT news!
When I'm not on delta I'm most often on one of these two
With this all Atlantic Partners have it as Virgin Atlantic is already included.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
This may actually improve the flying experience for a decent number of people in this forum.
Keith2004 and hi55us like this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
This may actually improve the flying experience for a decent number of people in this forum.
Yup. Here's one. If now the US airports ( ATL! ) would just start offering PreCheck on connections when arriving INTL....
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
This will be really nice for people flying KLM at JFK - not so much for AF given the T1 security line seems to have no rhyme/reason for how 'pre check' actually works
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:11 pm

Cool - Clear and pre-check will make SFO easier....
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Yup. Here's one. If now the US airports ( ATL! ) would just start offering PreCheck on connections when arriving INTL....

They do, exit into the terminal and use PreCheck there.
btonkid12345 and HDQDD like this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TomMM
They do, exit into the terminal and use PreCheck there.
Exactly. Now DL just needs to get CLEAR somewhere in the international terminal already!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
OMG LIKE LIKE LIKE

Originally Posted by manacit
This will be really nice for people flying KLM at JFK - not so much for AF given the T1 security line seems to have no rhyme/reason for how 'pre check' actually works
Well it can't be worse than how the T1 priority line works (or doesn't)...
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Amazing news! There is likely a second hidden benefit with this...I'm guessing DL boarding passes issued by AF/KL will now be able to show precheck on them
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by runningformqm
Amazing news! There is likely a second hidden benefit with this...I'm guessing DL boarding passes issued by AF/KL will now be able to show precheck on them
That should work, if the reservation was made via Delta
if made via KLM or AF I Would just assure that your Known Traveler # is included in your reservation
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdix
Cool - Clear and pre-check will make SFO easier....
No kidding. Why is SFO International security such a train wreck? I was there last year before CLEAR was an option, and the queue for A security was backed up almost to the middle of the terminal. Fortunately, we were flying Aeromexico, which participates in PreCheck - but the vast majority of passengers were stuck in the main queue, and things were getting ugly.

Maybe if enough airlines start to participate, LAX will also improve the security clearance situation at TBIT with full PreCheck and CLEAR...
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Gold, National Executive Elite
This is great news for us Delta flyers! I've got a KLM-booked itinerary out of IAD next weekend - is there anything I need to do to enable pre-check for my boarding pass now? I'm guessing I need to call up KLM and have them re-enter my KTN.
Thoughts?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prismaticorb
This is great news for us Delta flyers! I've got a KLM-booked itinerary out of IAD next weekend - is there anything I need to do to enable pre-check for my boarding pass now? I'm guessing I need to call up KLM and have them re-enter my KTN.
Thoughts?
that would be a good move
I have a AF flight coming up, I had not entered my KTN initially cause they were not in precheck, but went back to the reservation and put it in after today's news
asimegusta likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Keith2004
Along with Air France and KLM, Brussels Airlines, Philippine Airlines and World Atlantic are also now TSA Pre

https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...ional-airlines

GREAT news!
When I'm not on delta I'm most often on one of these two
With this all Atlantic Partners have it as Virgin Atlantic is already included.
Oh fantastic! How do I add my KTN? I just made a booking and was able to add my Skymiles account but didn't see a field for it.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:25 am

At ORD, T5 will be putting up signage for what TSA is calling precheck lite. Let's say it's better than having no precheck at all if you're departing from the International Terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.