Delta cut my leg

Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by QuantumFluxed
On my last international flight home a delta flight attendant hit my leg with a drink cart causing a cut on my leg. The flight attendant did not acknowledge any thing was wrong even when I asked for a bandage to stop the bleeding. I sent an email to delta asking what they could do. The next day they called me when I was half asleep offering 10k in miles I said that was fine as it was just a cut but now the cut has turned into a scar that I will have for the rest of my life. So I called delta back asking what they could do and they said well we gave you 10k in miles and thats all we can do. So I'm asking you guys if you think this is fair?
Take your 10k and be happy, stop looking for freebies.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:29 am

I love this thread.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, United Silver, National Executive
This has basically turned into a Facebook comment free for all!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guvner067
Threads like this make me laugh. OP comes on, gives an account of an incident, wanders (limps?) off never to be seen again.
Thread splits in two. One half debates the veracity of the incident and the credibility of the OP, the other half entails amateur lawyers arguing about legal principles, posting random links to "precedents" and morphing the thread in to a series of hypothetical scenarios which have no relevance to the OP's incident.

Rinse. Repeat.
Exactly.

And, as a licensed attorney, I can say that all of the legal conclusions and analyses in this thread range from wrong to dead wrong to "why in the world would you think you have any business offering someone legal advice?"
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by PTravel
Exactly.

And, as a licensed attorney, I can say that all of the legal conclusions and analyses in this thread range from wrong to dead wrong to "why in the world would you think you have any business offering someone legal advice?"
But are you licensed in the State of Alcohol to give legal advice? I have been for years. And in barrack rooms too. Mind you I was too busy laughing to post in this thread until now. Think of what could have happened if he had broken a fingernail too.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
But are you licensed in the State of Alcohol to give legal advice? I have been for years. And in barrack rooms too. Mind you I was too busy laughing to post in this thread until now. Think of what could have happened if he had broken a fingernail too.
Not the State of Alcohol, but frequently the State of Confusion and the State of Inebriation.
Silver Fox, Hoyaheel and kitkat77 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PTravel
Exactly.

As a licensed attorney, you should know that the legal advice offered in this thread is worth every cent that the OP paid for it, not including the popcorn money.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
As an aspiring male leg and underwear model who likes to stretch his leg out into the aisle (sometimes from a window seat - have to get gigs anyway I can, right?), I am actually very interested to hear the outcome of OP's case.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by danielonn
Wow.

Remember, folks, to start the flow of oxygen you have to pull the mask towards you.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
This is a funny thread....

I am not a lawyer, I think the injury seems very minor, why was your leg in the way of the cart, FA should have handled better, etc.

However.....here is what I think was missed:

Customer Care and Passenger Claims are different departments.

I don't believe your problem has made it to the right place yet. Just my opinion from listening to the story.

You don't need a lawyer to get a modest settlement here.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I believe the OP has returned to the safety of living under a bridge.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta PM/1MM
Vitamin E Oil can really reduce scarring.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.