Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Definitely don't pay to get into the club in T3. I generally don't even bother to go in for free. Last time, I couldn't even find two seats together.

T2 is pretty nice. T3 is as bad as the terminal itself (which is horrible).

Cross your fingers for T2.
Tanzguy and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by josephstern
Definitely don't pay to get into the club in T3. I generally don't even bother to go in for free. Last time, I couldn't even find two seats together.

T2 is pretty nice. T3 is as bad as the terminal itself (which is horrible).

Cross your fingers for T2.
Even during a transition phase I can’t believe DL is marketing this as a SC....it’s the pits of LAX hell.
DenverBrian and Tanzguy like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:15 pm

The only benefit of T2 is an almost tacit recognition by the bartenders that it's hell on earth therefore you'll always get a heavy-ish pour on drinks.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by bruininabag
The only benefit of T2 is an almost tacit recognition by the bartenders that it's hell on earth therefore you'll always get a heavy-ish pour on drinks.
I think you meant T3 as the T2 SC is a self-serve bar.
Statman, AANYC1981 and ryw like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I don't understand why DL does not take advantage of some of the mezzanine space outside of the two lounges to add more seating. There is nothing up there except for the Sky Club, so they could check people in at the top of the stairs and elevator and make the whole floor part of the club. Perhaps this is because of fire code, or they just don't want to spend the money.

Also, they could just remove the bar and make it self serve to open up a little more space.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I don't understand why DL does not take advantage of some of the mezzanine space outside of the two lounges to add more seating. There is nothing up there except for the Sky Club, so they could check people in at the top of the stairs and elevator and make the whole floor part of the club. Perhaps this is because of fire code, or they just don't want to spend the money.

Also, they could just remove the bar and make it self serve to open up a little more space.
Agreed - I was wondering the same thing about that hallway area that basically connects the two parts.

But maybe they just don't want to put a nickel into it since it'll be torn apart soon enough.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jdrtravel

Well, your last comment could be operative - the particular liquor license probably doesn't permit self serve, nor would include any alcohol in the mezzanine space. There would have to be a new application / approval.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
LAWA also probably wouldn't allow it - DL pays rent on the club space, but the hallway is likely designated as circulation, with no rent.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Looks great but I'm confused, is this a completely separate lounge next to the current T3 SC or are they somehow connected somewhere not shown in these photos?
I'll take a Self Service Bar any day along with a shower to sing about my travels and sorrows😁
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
my flight flies from T3, can I go to T2 to drop off my luggage and past security there and go to the T2 delta lounge then take the bus to T3. And where do I find the bus that will take you to T3
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by happyvoid
my flight flies from T3, can I go to T2 to drop off my luggage and past security there and go to the T2 delta lounge then take the bus to T3. And where do I find the bus that will take you to T3
You must drop luggage at the terminal that handles destination of your EX-LAX flight. This is true regardless if flight departs from a different terminal. The one exception is if connecting to a DL/AF/KL/VS flight in J cabin. Then you use the D1 checkin.

Ie JFK flights checkin at T2 even if plane departs from T3. Same in reverse, you must checkin at T3 for say AUS, even if it's gate ends up being in T2.

You can clear security at either terminal. (Actually any terminal)
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Originally Posted by happyvoid
Yes, I do this every time no matter which terminal I am leaving from. The transfer bus is behind gate 21 which is immediately on your right after you pass through TSA, there are two lines so get in the one for T3 not Bradley. The lounge is further down the terminal, upstairs.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by burbanite
Yes, I do this every time no matter which terminal I am leaving from. The transfer bus is behind gate 21 which is immediately on your right after you pass through TSA, there are two lines so get in the one for T3 not Bradley. The lounge is further down the terminal, upstairs.
You can't drop luggage at T2 though unless the flight is designated for T2 drop off.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You can't drop luggage at T2 though unless the flight is designated for T2 drop off.
LAX is my home airport, I travel out if there every week and check my luggage at T2 then head to the SkyClub. If my flight leaves from T3 I jump on the shuttle. Been doing this for years.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by burbanite
LAX is my home airport, I travel out if there every week and check my luggage at T2 then head to the SkyClub. If my flight leaves from T3 I jump on the shuttle. Been doing this for years.
Unless your flight is one designated for T2 (regardless of if it departs from T3) you're supposed to have to check bags at T3. While LAX isnt home, I fly out of there very regularly and have been turned away trying to check bags at the wrong terminal. Many posts on this subject will show that this isnt isolated. In fact DL sends out emails telling you to check bags at the correct terminal even if flight departs from another.

Now in fairness, I've seen other posts that say exactly what you say. However while an agent may do it, by policy they don't have to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.