Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
Is it a nicer chair? Aren't Qantas' business class seats 2-2-2? They look fairly narrow. Maybe they have upgraded them since I saw them last. Looks like the bedding DL provides is nicer as well.
It depends on the plane. Their new J seat is really nice. The older 2/2/2 J seat not as much.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:18 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
BETWEEN flights, guys. I'm talking about a nicer lounge.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by jmj10
Which terminal do the LAX-BOS Transcon flights fly out of? Or does it change day to day? Thanks.
My most recent trip to Boston was out of T3 (a Sunday, in D1), although the return trip gated up in T2. I'm not sure if each day is consistent across weeks or if it's just random, but don't count on being T2 just because you're flying a transcon or to one of the hubs where they ask you drop luggage at T2. (I don't ever check luggage any more, but if I did that ridiculous destination-based luggage drop that doesn't move with your departure gate would get me really torqued!)
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
So kind of you....the KAL TBIT lounge is a disgrace and just worn and needs to be updated. Plus the food options really are pathetic....makes the SC look lux! Obviously, the KE daughters haven't been in the lounge cuz, I could just see how they would melt down!!

Glad KLM dumped the lounge and uses the OW Biz lounge for their WBC pax now! Even the Dutch realized that it's awful....
When KLM - one of the most austere airlines in the entire alliance - decides your lounge is subpar and isn't offering enough amenities, you need to re-evaluate your business decisions...

(I don't blame them. The LAX KE lounge is pretty terrible, right down to the sad bottle of Woodbridge Chardonnay that serves as the bar offering..)
danielonn likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by BenA
Woodbridge Chardonnay)

Seriously? It is very confusing to me that there is not a fantastic ST lounge at LAX.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The KE lounge is also the Priority Pass lounge at TBIT, if that gives anyone an indication of its quality.

Frankly, the terminal is nice enough that I'd typically prefer just being in the main central area to the KE lounge.

Now the OW and Qantas lounges, fine. Pretty nice. But KE? Ignore.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I haven't checked recently, but the KE lounge at JFK used to stock some good cognac if you knew to ask for it. (Otherwise, if you wanted a cognac, it would be VSOP, which isn't awful either, but they had at least XO, although I forget whether it was Remy or some other brand.)
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by davistev
However, T2 Sky Club pales in comparison to the LAX Qantas lounge.
That's because one is a membership lounge where each member pays a few hundred a year (less if comped as a DM) and the other is a business class lounge where the majority of passengers are paying a few thousand each time they visit (less if alliance elite in Y; and of course a substantial portion goes to the airfare). Two completely different business models, with different expectations and funding.

That said, if I were flying LAX-SYD I'd skip DL for JV partner VA, which has a better in flight product and uses the EK (business class) lounge in TBIT. A better experience all around.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It depends on the plane. Their new J seat is really nice. The older 2/2/2 J seat not as much.
Does the A380 have any of the new business class yet (which is the seat the poster would be talking about which he/she says is far better than DL1 on the 777)? I didn't think they did...
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by pvn
BETWEEN flights, guys. I'm talking about a nicer lounge.
Have you ever been in the LAX Qantas lounge? It has a full sit down meal service and the food is way better than anything you will find at Applebee's.
Is it worth $1200? Definitely not IMO.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Would love to see pics of the new space when someone is able to post.
I’ll try to grab some. I should be there in a couple of hours.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by josephstern
...Frankly, the terminal is nice enough that I'd typically prefer just being in the main central area to the KE lounge....
Never been in it, but it looks like there might be a nice public pub/bar/restaurant area one floor below the *A lounge.

IMO, the *A TBIT loung is still one of the best anywhere. I love both the view over the atrium and sitting out by the firepit on a nice day (which is of course fairly common in LA). Not that this helps anybody on a DL ticket
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by davistev
Wow! What a sad state Delta is in when they can sell a premium product and provide little in return. I usually fly Alaska / Qantas but decided to give Delta a try since the fare was $1200 cheaper.

i am travelling on a Delta One D class ticket between Seattle and Sydney. Delta's Seattle lounge is actually not bad and the soup and salad is on par with what Alaska offers in Seattle. The flight down to Seattle did not have a meal service but bananas and packaged snacks were offered. This was a mid afternoon flight so it maybe a timing issue.

However, T2 Sky Club pales in comparison to the LAX Qantas lounge. I was surprised to see the same soup and salad combination on offer during dinner time. I feel like I lived out of a soup kitchen all day. That said ' the paper plates were of the highest quality.
How hard is it to offer a hot meal before boarding the evening international flights? I was actually expecting a truely global 5 star experience at the LAX GATEWAY. Why do Americans put up with such mediocre offerings?

Oh well - next up is the older 777 to Sydney. The Delta crew are ok but the seats have no matress and no pajamas.

I have learned my lesson. I have just booked next month's flight to Seattle on Qantas / Alaska Airlines. It will be a long time before I try Delta again.
Not to sound like an apologist, but it was a $1200 cheaper fare; you do get what you pay for. Delta's SkyClub offerings will continue to lag until they create a separate business-class lounge - there are so many avenues to Skyclub access that to offer QANTAS (or Polaris, or Flagship) levels of space and food would raise the prices. Until Flagship came out, the Admiral's Club in T4 was just as lame as Skyclub. But honestly as I am trying Skyteam, across the board I've found their lounges lag from Oneworld.

Last edited by Gig103; Jul 18, 2018 at 3:56 pm Reason: Forgot we were talking LAX, amended to stay on topic
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat

Bathrooms down a sort of industrial hallway

Center of lounge looking back towards entrance

Center of lounge looking towards food bar

Self.service bar

Coffee station

Entire food/drink area at back of lounge. Has everything from the bigger lounge today.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MikeLaw

Bathrooms down a sort of industrial hallway

Center of lounge looking back towards entrance

Center of lounge looking towards food bar

Self.service bar

Coffee station

Entire food/drink area at back of lounge. Has everything from the bigger lounge today.
Looks great but I'm confused, is this a completely separate lounge next to the current T3 SC or are they somehow connected somewhere not shown in these photos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.