Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How Long After I Cancel a Flight is a Credit Usable Again?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

I bought a ticket today on delta.com using the residual value from an EU261 voucher.

If I cancel the reservation within the 24 hours, does the voucher become immediately available, or is there a time gap?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:12 am

Immediately in my experience. Within 24 hours I believe the transaction is voided and things go back to exactly the way they were prior to ticket issue.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Sorry, a bit confused by the answer. Are you saying it is immediate, or that it occurs at some point between time of cancellation and the 24-hour mark?

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Immediately in my experience. Within 24 hours I believe the transaction is voided and things go back to exactly the way they were prior to ticket issue.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:58 am

It's typically immediately, but DL says 24hrs in case there is some strange issue, it gives them time to fix it.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:22 pm

My experience has always been immediate. The 24 hours refers to the deadline to get a free cancellation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.