Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Here’s A Look Back At Your 2017 Medallion Year" Email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Here’s A Look Back At Your 2017 Medallion Year" Email

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Wife - GM - has hers. I do not have mine as yet.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
They didn't even get the destinations I traveled to last year correct in mine. Figures, since it's Delta IT...
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
DM and nothing for me.

What was the e-mail address it was sent from?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
who the hell are those people I am eating dinner with?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Nothing for me and at least one other EU based Medallion. Suspect this is for USA based Medallions only?

Last edited by Grouchy; Jan 30, 2018 at 12:17 pm
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by RaflW
I can't sort out how "I flew in First 13 times" in '17. If I add up UGs, redemptions and WFBF, I come up with maybe 9.
Sheena flew in your seat the other 4 times.
davetravels likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:10 pm

This was pretty funny.

I bailed on DL this year (only flew 60k miles) yet they said I made diamond again (even though I refused to hit the $ limits).

If this was designed to get me to like DL again they probaly need to a bit more then send me sanitized nonsense about how well they treated me (even though they really did not treat me all that well).

DL, if you are reading this know that your policies drive our decisions as flyers, not stupid videos.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
I think it’s kind of Cool. Although it got the distance flown incorrectly and the mileage trip wasn’t mine.
Says I flew 47,757 miles but it was like 70k excluding MQM bonuses. But I think it could’ve been a bit more personalized.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by apodo77
DM and nothing for me.

What was the e-mail address it was sent from?
[email protected], for me the same sender address as other recent marketing emails.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by jonathanbak
I think it’s kind of Cool. Although it got the distance flown incorrectly and the mileage trip wasn’t mine.
Says I flew 47,757 miles but it was like 70k excluding MQM bonuses. But I think it could’ve been a bit more personalized.
I think they were tracking actual miles flown, vs MQM. My work tracks actual (MEM to ATL is 331 miles, not 500 MQMs), and the DL miles flown number in the video tracked very close to my work travel agent miles flown number. If you fly a bunch of sub 500 mile hops it could add up to a big discrepancy between you actual miles flown and your MQMs.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by teCh0010
I think they were tracking actual miles flown, vs MQM. My work tracks actual (MEM to ATL is 331 miles, not 500 MQMs), and the DL miles flown number in the video tracked very close to my work travel agent miles flown number. If you fly a bunch of sub 500 mile hops it could add up to a big discrepancy between you actual miles flown and your MQMs.
Most of the trips were international long-haul flights. Only the GEG-SEA flights were sub 500, I believe its like 201 miles, and those were all connecting to long-haul flights. Plus 2 GEG-SEA-YVR round-trips and one one-way YVR-SEA-GEG. I think that adds up to only like 14 segments that were sub 500. Which should only be like 3500 miles less if it were actual distance flown. Maybe it only counts flights booked directly on delta, 006 stock? Because that would account for the discrepancy. 12k MQM's were from an Expedia flight and like 4k MQM's were from both a European Air France ticket and an Alaska Ticket.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I took "8" business trips (more like 17 but ok) also curious how they figure out what is business and what is not

Also hilarious that I got a "choice benefit" that was a really special moment for me......

My favorite "fact" about me was that I traveled to Las Vegas AND Monrovia Liberia which never mind the fact I have never been to the continent of Africa but DL does not even fly there anymore!!!! (FYI DL I didnt cash in any miles for any trips in 2017 or for that matter this year either)

Oh and before I forget #deltamedallionlife
jonathanbak likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Zorak
[email protected], for me the same sender address as other recent marketing emails.
Not a big deal but just rechecked and didn't receieve this e-mail.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dmarge18
They didn't even get the destinations I traveled to last year correct in mine. Figures, since it's Delta IT...
Mine wasn't even close to the right destinations - I think they left out four countries.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
I think it was a cute/nice gesture - only problem was mine had the wrong cities visited listed. I was racking my brain trying to figure out when I went to Venice - that's when you know you travel too much, you can't remember all the places you've been

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.