2018 welcome packets?

Old Jan 29, 18, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

2018 welcome packets?

Just wondering when (or if) welcome packets will be sent out for Platinum/Diamond medallion members in 2018? Just curious since the 2017 cards expire in a few days.

Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 18, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Yeah nothing here yet as a DM. What's funny is i actually needed a few drink coupons and I didn't have any in my app wallet for 2018. I thought I got them by this time last year.
Old Jan 29, 18, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
I actually have a somewhat related question;
if I receive my diamond welcome packet say, this month and I cross the MM threshold a couple weeks later, will they send me new tags?
Old Jan 29, 18, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota View Post
if I receive my diamond welcome packet say, this month and I cross the MM threshold a couple weeks later, will they send me new tags?
IME, yes you will receive new tags with the MM level printed on them.
Old Jan 29, 18, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
They did that for me when I requalified for DM in about November and then hit 2MM in December of the same year.
Old Jan 29, 18, 6:41 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
They did that for me when I requalified for DM in about November and then hit 2MM in December of the same year.
Been DM for 5 years now and have never received new tags at the time of requalifying (including this year). The only time I got new tags mid-year was when I hit MM status.
Old Jan 29, 18, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
Been DM for 5 years now and have never received new tags at the time of requalifying (including this year). The only time I got new tags mid-year was when I hit MM status.
NO, I don't mean getting a new kit when requalifying. That year, my first kit was sent out as usual in the first batch of new DM kits and received in January. About six weeks later, I received the second kit with additional job well done certs and drink coupons IIRC, plus a card and b(r)ag tags that said 2MM rather than 1MM. (Both were DM kits with DM level card and tags.)
Old Jan 30, 18, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL 1.3 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Total Rewards Diamond
Yes. Jan last year I hit MM. Around a month later I got my regular Diamond tag package for renewing, and a few weeks after that got a second package with 1MM tags
Old Apr 27, 18, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta
I am a PM for 2018 and I have never received any welcome kit. I was a GM 3 years straight and I never received any lit then either.
Old Apr 27, 18, 4:21 pm
formerly B7e7US
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Mine showed up mid march in Paris. Last year never got one.
Old Apr 27, 18, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat., Marriott Plat., SPG Plat., IHG Spire Elite/Royal Ambassador
I've been a DM since the beginning, and have always received my annual packet in February each year. This year.......I'm still waiting! Slightly off-topic I know, as the thread title refers to the "2018 welcome packets"! Just venting!

Last edited by audidudi; Apr 27, 18 at 5:49 pm
Old Apr 28, 18, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Finally got my PM packet.
Old May 19, 18, 3:38 pm

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
I had never received my 2018 packet, even after requesting it be re-sent (and allowing 6 - 8 weeks for processing). Well, all it took was making 1MM! Packet arrived today, along with a separate hand-addressed and hand-signed card congratulating me on my 13(!) years with SkyMiles. The first few of those were mostly spent with jetBlue
Old May 19, 18, 11:38 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I just want more JWDs. Gave my last one out a few days ago, and that was one I was holding onto. It was beginning to get pretty torn up in my pack.
Old Jul 11, 18, 11:10 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Requalified in March/April for 2019 DM.

As-of today, I have yet to receive a packet.

I donít really care, aside from the fact that Iím out of JWDs and, therefore, wasnít able to burn one on what was easily one of the top 2-3 DL crews Iíve ever experienced on last weekís SYD>LAX flight ó which is a real shame (although I did mention them by name to @Delta).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: