Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 welcome packets?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by TheHorta
Requalified in March/April for 2019 DM.

As-of today, I have yet to receive a packet.

I don’t really care, aside from the fact that I’m out of JWDs and, therefore, wasn’t able to burn one on what was easily one of the top 2-3 DL crews I’ve ever experienced on last week’s SYD>LAX flight — which is a real shame (although I did mention them by name to @Delta).
If you are requalifying - i.e. you earned DM in 2017 for this year (2018), and then this year you hit the thresholds again to take you through next year (2019), then you won't get your packet till the beginning of the medallion year - which would be early-ish in 2019. Since your benefits are for the 2019 Medallion year, you wouldn't get your certificates until that year. Presumably, you have already received and used your certificates for the 2018 Medallion year.

If you had qualified for the first time this year, you would receive a packet within a month or two, and would be allowed to sort of "double-dip" by enjoying the benefits for the remainder of this year as well as all of next year. But the certs that you would get today would be all that you would get - you wouldn't get another set at the beginning of next year.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
If you are requalifying - i.e. you earned DM in 2017 for this year (2018), and then this year you hit the thresholds again to take you through next year (2019), then you won't get your packet till the beginning of the medallion year - which would be early-ish in 2019. Since your benefits are for the 2019 Medallion year, you wouldn't get your certificates until that year. Presumably, you have already received and used your certificates for the 2018 Medallion year.

If you had qualified for the first time this year, you would receive a packet within a month or two, and would be allowed to sort of "double-dip" by enjoying the benefits for the remainder of this year as well as all of next year. But the certs that you would get today would be all that you would get - you wouldn't get another set at the beginning of next year.
OK, that makes sense. Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Requalified in March/April for 2019 DM.

As-of today, I have yet to receive a packet.

I don’t really care, aside from the fact that I’m out of JWDs and, therefore, wasn’t able to burn one on what was easily one of the top 2-3 DL crews I’ve ever experienced on last week’s SYD>LAX flight — which is a real shame (although I did mention them by name to @Delta).
I've had luck calling to DM and getting more sent. I know friends who've also called and simply said they didn't get their new year packet and could they send one. Theu were more wanting extra bag tags. Although now that DL does put a number or name on them, it's pointless. (I've put AA EP tags on my bags now since they have name)
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I've had luck calling to DM and getting more sent. I know friends who've also called and simply said they didn't get their new year packet and could they send one. Theu were more wanting extra bag tags. Although now that DL does put a number or name on them, it's pointless. (I've put AA EP tags on my bags now since they have name)
I’ll try to call, but have another question.

My first year with DL, I received 2x JWDs at PM, and another 4 at DM. I never receive any when hitting PM anymore.

Is that the norm?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:10 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I ran out of JWDs and called in to ask for more and they just sent me a whole new DM packet. bonus luggage tags!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pvn
I ran out of JWDs and called in to ask for more and they just sent me a whole new DM packet. bonus luggage tags!
Make sure they spread out when you display them, like this guy
TheHorta likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.