Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 360 - Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2020, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ek3494
I'd be a little surprised if that ended up being the case, but then again not a whole lot surprises me anymore. Out of curiosity, where were you hearing about the wait til Feb '21? My own speculation, but maybe they'll extend similar to Medallions, and make some additions based on those who do have significant numbers this year. Might make for a larger pool, but that seems to be the case for the outlook for Medallion status as well.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...tus-extension/
ek3494 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone receive news about 360 renewal? It's crazy that all Medallions got an extension, but the biggest spenders still have to wait and see (all while not being able to realistically use/enjoy the perks that come with 360 earned from last year's spend). Some reports are saying 360 members have to wait until Feb 2021 to see if they get a renewal? That's crazy...I feel bad for people that qualified for 360 for the first time this year that haven't had the chance to use the perks, and now they won't know if they can keep it until when it's too late (in 2021).
Agree.
Easiest would be to extend 360. If you don't extend 360 I'd be upset that I already earned my DM for 2021 and earned my GUCs, but other people would get them just like that. On the other hand, maybe it's time to switch airlines in the fall.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by mayhem
Agree.
Easiest would be to extend 360. If you don't extend 360 I'd be upset that I already earned my DM for 2021 and earned my GUCs, but other people would get them just like that. On the other hand, maybe it's time to switch airlines in the fall.
Me too. I earned DM on March 7th and will have little chance to use the 360 bennies at all this year.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
AA extended Concierge key through 1/31/22
Old Apr 13, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I don’t see how DL and UA can’t extend their 360 and Global Service programs respectively into next year. If they don’t, their won’t be many new “ultra high spending” customers out there to choose from for this year especially since you need lots of paid J TATL/TPAC flights to qualify, which won’t be happening anytime soon.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL 360 MM, Hilton DMD, SGP KL Elite Gold
Delta Air Lines is the sole arbiter for any Delta 360° benefits. Benefits are subject to change at any time in Delta’s sole discretion, without notice. Invitation into Delta 360° is determined independently from earning Medallion Status.”
Old Apr 13, 2020, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL360, Marriott Ambassdor
Originally Posted by FlyingColonel
Delta Air Lines is the sole arbiter for any Delta 360° benefits. Benefits are subject to change at any time in Delta’s sole discretion, without notice. Invitation into Delta 360° is determined independently from earning Medallion Status.”
I think the idea is that the premise remains the same as medallion status, which would be the logic behind extending the program as well.

Last edited by ek3494; Apr 13, 2020 at 10:51 pm
Old Apr 14, 2020, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL could also eliminate the program to save money.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL could also eliminate the program to save money.
The $20 worth of brag tags that we've received so far and the 1-2 FTE managing the program?
We didn't receive a gift and all other benefits are soft and based on semi-fixed costs. Not much to save there.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by mayhem
The $20 worth of brag tags that we've received so far and the 1-2 FTE managing the program?
We didn't receive a gift and all other benefits are soft and based on semi-fixed costs. Not much to save there.
^ Also the revenue lost from members who would jump to other airlines if they did away with the program might outweigh the cost of running it.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ek3494
^ Also the revenue lost from members who would jump to other airlines if they did away with the program might outweigh the cost of running it.
Anyone who jumps wouldn't immediately get CK or GS (unless it's part of a corporate contract) as there's no status match/challenge for unpublished levels.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Maybe DL should sell some of the 360 tags on ebay... some are fetching several hundred dollars a pop
DiverDave likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:41 pm

Anyone who jumps wouldn't immediately get CK or GS (unless it's part of a corporate contract) as there's no status match/challenge for unpublished levels.
Little benefit from another top tier status for a US airline. If I need to fly to Singapore this fall, I'd skip traveling on DL/AF/KE and go for SQ, since I won't have any benefit from spending more than $15k other than getting more skypesos or more MQM, neither of which I am short of.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:53 pm

Correct, there wouldn't be a status match or challenge because it's not a status. However, I've seen a number of posts from people online saying they were considering getting a group of CK's/DL360s to contact a different airline regarding switching. It's a business. I think it's a little idyllic to think a company wouldn't offer those same benefits if it meant getting additional hundreds of thousands in revenue each year. No, there's no formal program or challenge for doing it, but I'd find it hard to believe that a large amount of cash hasn't been able to change minds before. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Has DAL extended 360 through 2021?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.