Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 360 - Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:46 am

This has been discussed before.
360 is not a published medallion level and membership is by invitation only. So, the only policy is what they will do for you - not what they put on the website for masses
DougSkymiles and ek3494 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL360, Marriott Ambassdor
Originally Posted by admanag
...has anyone received their 360 packs yet? I remember them coming pretty quickly after the 1st last year!
Not yet
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
That's great, but that's merely marketing material. I don't see anything on face value in the actual policy that supports it.
To what "actual policy" are you referring? The published policy that doesn't include anything about 360, because it's an unpublished tier?

I can absolutely confirm that 360 is at the top of non-instrument upgrade priority. Observed personally during many segments (e.g. UG standby position #1 on X fare ATL-LAX), and mentioned specifically by 360 desk.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by webmarks
To what "actual policy" are you referring? The published policy that doesn't include anything about 360, because it's an unpublished tier?

I can absolutely confirm that 360 is at the top of non-instrument upgrade priority. Observed personally during many segments (e.g. UG standby position #1 on X fare ATL-LAX), and mentioned specifically by 360 desk.
There has to be a policy even for an unpublished marketing gimmick such as 360. Otherwise, nobody would know to put 360 ahead of everyone else. Where does it say this? If it doesn't then for all we know there could be something else above 360.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:58 am

Yes. A 360 with DPJ!
The only hiccups in 360 experience are because not all frontline employees are aware of this. But the ones who know - and there are a lot who do - will literally do anything for you.

If you are referring to processing upgrades and all, 360 jumps right to the top. that is how it is coded in the system - even when booked on an award ticket
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
There has to be a policy even for an unpublished marketing gimmick such as 360. Otherwise, nobody would know to put 360 ahead of everyone else. Where does it say this? If it doesn't then for all we know there could be something else above 360.
Will many of us ever get to see what gets coded into the computer system for upgrades? No. But I'd like to think this isn't false advertising to their highest spenders. It's an invitation only group without published criteria, so why would they publish the benefits on their websites? Defeats the air of exclusivity they are going for.

From the invitation package today: "When it comes to unlimited complimentary upgrades, there's no higher priority than you and your travel companion"

Last edited by ek3494; Feb 13, 2019 at 3:23 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:21 pm

360 Invitation

The invitation came in the mail today. No gift/package along with it. I won't pretend that I'm a 360 veteran (this is my first year). Not sure if the gift comes later, or if I just wasn't 360 enough. That being said, at 24, the box alone was enough to get excited about.

Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by ek3494
The invitation came in the mail today. No gift/package along with it. I won't pretend that I'm a 360 veteran (this is my first year). Not sure if the gift comes later, or if I just wasn't 360 enough. That being said, at 24, the box alone was enough to get excited about.
The gift usually comes separately as it's generally shipped from the vendor (the party DL contracts with for the gift).
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 360, AA Platinum for Life, Marriott Platinum Premier for Life, United Platinum, Hertz

I got the 2019 delta 360 Gift.

i have to say I always look forward to the gift. They have had Tiffany’s champagne flutes, dom perigean, tiffany's scotch glasses, Fine scotch, High end headphones.

However this years gift is a nylon back pack. As someone who usually travels with an Aluminum Roll-on and a Leather briefcase I have no idea what to do with this backpack. It’s good quality but it just isn’t my style. Haven’t had a backpack since my student days.

Last edited by stealthpilot; Mar 15, 2019 at 6:52 am
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM/360; AA EP
A nylon backpack??? We’ve gone from Dom Peringnon and Tiffany champagne flutes to LSTN headphones to.a nylon backpack? Sheesh.
ek3494 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:20 am

Tell me there's a bottle of champagne hidden in there.. Initially I told myself that I shouldn't complain seeing as it's a free gift. Then I remembered that backpack cost $90,000. Could they not have used their Tumi partnership for something a little more creative.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by ek3494
Tell me there's a bottle of champagne hidden in there.. Initially I told myself that I shouldn't complain seeing as it's a free gift. Then I remembered that backpack cost $90,000. Could they not have used their Tumi partnership for something a little more creative.
Well... it is a $230 pack, which probably cost as much as the other gifts you mentioned. It’s perceived value is pretty bland, and I would presume that virtually every 360 flyer already has their backpack of choice with a much more noble pedigree (like Tumi) and cost to match.

Definately a regift item, courtesy of Delta.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by stealthpilot

I got the 2019 delta 360 Gift.

i have to say I always look forward to the gift. They have had Tiffany’s products, Fine scotch, High end headphones.

However this years gift is a nylon back pack. As someone who usually travels with an Aluminum Roll-on and a Leather briefcase I have no idea what to do with this backpack. It’s good quality but it just isn’t my style. Haven’t had a backpack since my student days.

Save it and then in August stuff it full of school supplies and even some toiletries and donate it to a local church or school for a poor kid.
GMTmin8 and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
there's already one for sale on ebay
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
there's already one for sale on ebay
Since those Hartmann backpacks go for around $200 or less, that's a nice upcharge for a little 360 embroidery. The kicker is even after that, the seller wants another $15 for the socks. I'd pay three benjamins for socks, tho! (I have sock envy for you all in RDU and Nashville).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.