Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 360 - Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by TheHorta

Because... he’s Phil_D.

What rock have you been hiding under?
When you live in DTW area you just don't have that many great flight options so Delta is the go to airline. I have been traveling on Delta for >20yr and have ~2.5M actual flight miles. I have read flyer talk forums for some time, but never posted. I was so excited to finally get 360 that I registered on FT forum just so I could post and tell someone other than my wife! (sad, but true). This makes 2 posts now.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Phil_D
When you live in DTW area you just don't have that many great flight options so Delta is the go to airline. I have been traveling on Delta for >20yr and have ~2.5M actual flight miles. I have read flyer talk forums for some time, but never posted. I was so excited to finally get 360 that I registered on FT forum just so I could post and tell someone other than my wife! (sad, but true). This makes 2 posts now.
Congratulations and welcome, from another hub captive.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Phil_D
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Congratulations and welcome, from another hub captive.
If you're Detroit-based and willing to make a quick jump to Chicago or Toronto you can often get international tickets on Delta, including in business-class, that connect back in Detroit for much less than if you originated in Detroit.
rufflesinc likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: DM360 & 3M, AA1M, UA1M, Marriott Ambassador
Thats exactly what happens. You call the DM line and when they answer, they say that it is the 360 Line because the system recognized your phone number.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by LeftCoastMidwest
Thats exactly what happens. You call the DM line and when they answer, they say that it is the 360 Line because the system recognized your phone number.
Yes, when you call the automated voice still says you have reached the Delta Diamond Medallion line, welcome back "Your Name," I'll connect you with a representative. When the live rep comes on they say "Welcome to the Delta 360 line"
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
If you're Detroit-based and willing to make a quick jump to Chicago or Toronto you can often get international tickets on Delta, including in business-class, that connect back in Detroit for much less than if you originated in Detroit.
I know! International tickets originating DTW are always the most $$$. Destination matters too. Often round trip Delta One from DTW to Seoul are $4,000 - $6,000. Round trip DTW to Tokyo in Delta One are almost always $8,000 to $12,000. Much cheaper to book round trip to Seoul and then take inter-Asia flights on another carrier like Korean Air between Seoul and Tokyo.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I would say it’s much closer to 700 than 7000. There are ~40K 2019 Diamonds, down from ~60K in 2018. I don’t believe more than 2-3% of DMs are 360.

So, while it may be over 700 (which doesn’t seem unreasonable to me), I don’t believe it’s over 1500-2000, tops.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
Does Home Airport Matter?

Question in subject.

I'm diamond and flew 19k mqm and 9.9k mqd in January. Want to make 360. Fly out of LGA, JFK,BDL, and BOS with regularity.

Does DAL care what I list as my home airport? Should I care in my pursuit of 360?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by TheHorta
I would say it’s much closer to 700 than 7000. There are ~40K 2019 Diamonds, down from ~60K in 2018. I don’t believe more than 2-3% of DMs are 360.

So, while it may be over 700 (which doesn’t seem unreasonable to me), I don’t believe it’s over 1500-2000, tops.

What's your source for the Diamond figures?

And we're forgetting people who are comped 360 - I imagine that is a non-trivial group (it costs Delta very little to give 360 status to people who don't fly often).
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Skyboy2006
Question in subject.

I'm diamond and flew 19k mqm and 9.9k mqd in January. Want to make 360. Fly out of LGA, JFK,BDL, and BOS with regularity.

Does DAL care what I list as my home airport? Should I care in my pursuit of 360?
I highly doubt it...
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:43 pm

Question in subject.

how many segments did you fly in Jan?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Question in subject.

Home/preferred airport is mainly used in targeted marketing campaigns, along with address. For the sake of 360 qualification, they look at which major markets your travel originates and/or ends in. If most of your O&D travel is out of the NYC area, you'll have a harder time getting 360 than, say, someone whose travel overwhelming originates in Denver (where DL elites are fewer, and where UA has a fortress).
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Look at my username. I'm MSP based.

I don't like to go through ORD currently because of hassles in getting to/from the international terminal there and I hate the transborder areas at Canadian airports (usually with no lounges, so you're stuck waiting in a holding pen) including the preclearance mess, but I have flown creatively from other airports: RDU during the old four cities double MQM promo and recently again from there for a good D1 fare and from LAX for a good D1 RT fare to EZE maybe five years ago. IIRC there was also some international trip where I originated from LGA; this could have been EZE also. Then there was some D1 fare to Asia from PHX that I attempted to use during the big August DL computer meltdown, where DL rebooked me across two tickets to avoid PHX outbound when I phoned from the car on the way to the airport, having heard about the meltdown on CNN just as I was leaving home to go fore my first flight.

I'm willing to do this for a big enough fare difference (of course after calculating additional expenses such as one or two hotel nights at the cheaper airport) if I can spare the time to book an "overnight connection" between the tickets, at least on the outbound portion. However, I'm always careful to fly all segments, including the last one, and I allow lots and lots of time for the "connection" between tickets.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 360, AA Platinum for Life, Marriott Platinum Premier for Life, United Platinum, Hertz
On Feb 1 I also got my D360 for the fourth year in a row. I was a bit worried because my spend dropped a lot last year because I had very little international travel last year.

I would expect that the 360 membership numbers must be at least as high as CK or GS.

Personally to me the whole program has been a disappointment. The benefits are nowhere near as good as GS, and even the white glove service is not close to the level I used to get from AA as a Concierge Key member. Plus with the devaluation and decontenting of the Diamond program, you are now less likely to be upgraded as a Diamond 360 than as an Exec Plat at AA.

I wish Atlanta had a second hub airline TBH.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
Originally Posted by FF524

how many segments did you fly in Jan?
11 mqs. Combo of east coast shuttles and east coast to LAX and SLC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.