Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 360 - Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 360, AA Platinum for Life, Marriott Platinum Premier for Life, United Platinum, Hertz

So I finally opened the backpack and there were more gifts inside. A pair of socks and a phone battery.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 360, AA Platinum for Life, Marriott Platinum Premier for Life, United Platinum, Hertz
Originally Posted by ek3494
Tell me there's a bottle of champagne hidden in there.. Initially I told myself that I shouldn't complain seeing as it's a free gift. Then I remembered that backpack cost $90,000. Could they not have used their Tumi partnership for something a little more creative.
There was a pair of socks, a 10,000 maH battery and a welcome video. The Welcome Video was the best thing I would say. That was pretty cool.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL360, Marriott Ambassdor
Glad they used that space for something Would have been cool to see them design a custom bag with Tumi just for 360 members. Pipe dream, I know. Maybe I need to work for their consumer loyalty division
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:35 pm

Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
duplicate
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by daloosh
Since those Hartmann backpacks go for around $200 or less, that's a nice upcharge for a little 360 embroidery. The kicker is even after that, the seller wants another $15 for the socks. I'd pay three benjamins for socks, tho! (I have sock envy for you all in RDU and Nashville).
not everybody in RDU got them and haven't even seen a real pair
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by stealthpilot
Now, if they’d all said “Welcome to Delta360, Stealthpilot!” I’d be truly impressed.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: Delta 360/DM, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Avis PP
I threw together a video after making Delta 360 for the first time this year (made Million Miler a year ago) -
- I actually stripped the video off the card they sent (USB Mini connector on it) and included it in my 5 minute overview.

While confusing, I thought the video player card thing was a nice touch (one of the reasons I made a video was to include the video the card played when you open it up). The branded battery pack is cool, as were the socks they sent. As someone said earlier, the Hartmann Backpack retails for around $200.

After probably 15 consistent years of platinum (when it was the top) and then diamond without ever making 360, I think our move out of a major hub city last year helped make it. But since I spent more last year on travel than in years prior, it's hard to say.
daloosh and TheHorta like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM/360; AA EP
They must be monitoring this thread - I haven’t received anything so far. Maybe after 5 years they figure one has enough Delta swag/gifts. Oh well.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:11 pm

Same here. I feel like if you aren't in the SE, they deliver these things on foot. I noticed people in the airport today flying to ATL with what I presume are the new Diamond tags, whereas I got an email saying I could expect mine to be delayed through end of April. I don't use the DM tags so it doesn't bother me whatsoever, but just using it as an example. No love for NYC area folks :/
SYRRDU likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by ek3494
... No love for NYC area folks :/
You aren't alone.... didn't even get the email that DL's dog ate their calendar and packages are being mailed late.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:26 pm

Now that it’s half way through the year, am I on track for getting 360 again for next year? Or will I need to up the flying for the second half?

gelizon and ryandc99 like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:04 pm

So this will likely be my most bizarre 360 experience. Apologies in advance if it comes off as rant-y, but I'm curious to see what the crowd thinks.

I'm flying from HPN to MQT with a tight connection in DTW. Have become spoiled enough that I presumed I'd have a car waiting to take me from A to the B/C side. I noticed during my flight the guy sitting in 1A across from me (CRJ) had the 360 backpack from this year. As we deplane, I could see through the window that a car was waiting by the gate. I was traveling with my mother to go see her family to celebrate my grandmother's 85th. We deplane, and the Elite Services rep is waiting with the sign with our names on it. As we're about to head down the stairs from the jet bridge, the guy from 1A barks from behind us: "EXCUSE ME. I'M A 360 ALSO AND I CALLED FOR A RIDE TO THE RENTAL CAR LOT." The Delta rep looked like a deer in headlights, and had no idea how to respond. In fairness, she handled it the only way I think she could have. She asked me if it was ok if he joined, the man more just assumed it would be fine. He hops in the front seat of the Porsche as my mom and I look at each other in the back wondering what's going on.

I can admit this would be filed in the first world problems category, but I still had a hard time believing what happened.

1) My understanding was that the rides were based on availability. If someone has a 30 min connection in another terminal, and I have an hour and there aren't enough cars available, I wouldn't be expecting to receive a ride. Is this not a reasonable perspective?
2) Are we really at the point where someone cannot get to a rental car area on their own? I did not even realize this was part of the services offered. I also have never called to request a car- is that a thing too? I assumed if I need a car it will be there, if it isn't there I can likely make it just fine.
The irony of the guy being in shape drinking his workout supplements from his shaker cup on the plane, yet not being able to walk through the terminal.
3) Would anyone else have been put off by this? I really don't blame the Delta rep. Again, I don't think she has any other choice in this situation. Instead you have a guy who decides his trip to get to the rental car lot is more important than someone's ride to a tight connection. I swear it makes some individual's skin crawl when they see a 25 yr old getting priority treatment, and this guy couldn't seem to stand it.

I'm probably overreacting but it made for an awkward ride. Perhaps the lesson here is I'm not nearly entitled enough as a 360.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:21 pm

Porsche drivers get a list of flyers to pick up from a flight. Your driver could have refused point blank if this guy was not on the list.
I guess she got little intimidated by the "I am a 360" thing.

If you travel through DTW frequently, may be even try to meet the station manager and point this out. They can train their drivers better.

Everything else can be explained by this person being a special snowflake...
ek3494 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:41 am

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
If you're flying paid domestic first-class or paid international business-class I don't understand the value in 360.

Considering all of this, I just don't see the value when compared with what American or United offers.
I'm not 360. But before the program existed there was a non published status, or way they kept track of high value passengers that far exceeded the normal measurements used for status. The best benefit, and still the best benefiit an airline can provide is the flight following where when something goes wrong someone already has your back.

For years I went overseas 3 - 4 times a month. Not once in over a decade of this did I ever not make it home the day i was scheduled to on Delta. I never misconnected getting on a DL metal overseas aircraft either. Somehow, no matter what curve balls were thrown, someone always figured out a way for me. There were other perks I won't publicly mention that were of much higher benefit than upgrades, although frankly, sitting in economy was rare anyway.

I was also UGS. IMO, UA's service didn't compare to DL's. Other than upgrades from C/J to F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.