Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 360 - Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by stealthpilot
Plus with the devaluation and decontenting of the Diamond program, you are now less likely to be upgraded as a Diamond 360 than as an Exec Plat at AA.

I wish Atlanta had a second hub airline TBH.
Meanwhile, United is adding domestic first-class and international business-class. In another half year when more of United's long-haul jets have the new Polaris business-class product it would be seriously worth switching to United, if you don't mind giving up a nonstop from Atlanta or Detroit for a connection at one of United's hubs.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Meanwhile, United is adding domestic first-class and international business-class. In another half year when more of United's long-haul jets have the new Polaris business-class product it would be seriously worth switching to United, if you don't mind giving up a nonstop from Atlanta or Detroit for a connection at one of United's hubs.
And this is one of the reasons why I'm considering a Status Challenge with UA. They have the convenience of a nonstop from SFO>HKG, which I fly occasionally. I also fly from SFO>ICN and SFO>LHR occasionally, which UA does also, but at least I can fly on KE and VS respectively on those flights to get my MQDs and MQMs. Decisions! Decisions!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Skyboy2006
Question in subject.

I'm diamond and flew 19k mqm and 9.9k mqd in January. Want to make 360. Fly out of LGA, JFK,BDL, and BOS with regularity.

Does DAL care what I list as my home airport? Should I care in my pursuit of 360?
360 Notifications already went out for this year so if you didn't get an e-mail there is pretty much zero chance you will get 360 for 2019. If you want to try to get it for 2020 you will need more than miles and segments. 360 has a lot more to do with total spend or spend per mile. I flew over 200k miles in 2017 and spent $74k and didn't get 360, and a colleague flew 150k miles the same year but spent close to $100k and they got it.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Phil_D
I flew over 200k miles in 2017 and spent $74k and didn't get 360, and a colleague flew 150k miles the same year but spent close to $100k and they got it.
If you're flying paid domestic first-class or paid international business-class I don't understand the value in 360. It's not like they give you extra global upgrade certificates. It's not like, at least officially based on a strict reading of the Sky Miles terms, you are ahead of ordinary diamond medallions in upgrade priority. It's not like Delta has special 360 lounges or even business-class lounges. 360 or not, you go to the same overcrowded Sky Club, where you eat the same food and drink the same drinks as the rest of us. Heck, you don't even get additional miles per dollar for buying all these expensive tickets as the maximum number of miles you can earn on a ticket are capped out, regardless of status. In that sense Delta is punishing you for spending money. If I'm paying $10,000 for a ticket then I should get the full amount of miles based on the formula.

Considering all of this, I just don't see the value when compared with what American or United offers.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
360 Notifications already went out for this year so if you didn't get an e-mail there is pretty much zero chance you will get 360 for 2019. If you want to try to get it for 2020 you will need more than miles and segments. 360 has a lot more to do with total spend or spend per mile. I flew over 200k miles in 2017 and spent $74k and didn't get 360, and a colleague flew 150k miles the same year but spent close to $100k and they got it.
The post you quote is about getting 360 in the future, not for this year. At $9,900 MQD and 19,000 MQM in one month, if this pace continues, the person would finish 2019 with almost $120,000 MQDs and over 225,000 MQMs from flying. This would seem to be within range of 360.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
Phil I don't think you read my question...thanks though.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL DM360, Aeroplan SE
OK so interesting observation - the way I view it, because I'm paying for first all the time and not getting the main benefit of upgrades which Diamonds are getting for their loyalty... what I am getting incrementally instead is a call line and a team which in theory will bend over backwards to make my travel experience better. In other words, what you really get is smart agents who care and are given the flexibility to use their common sense rather than the need to always follow the LETTER of the rule. And w.r.t. the difference between United and American's respective GS and CK, well - what Delta is counting on is - you actually have to fly the miles each and every day on American and United... and Delta is just better so there's that!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
It seems DL has a higher threshold for their unofficial top tier than AA and UA supposedly do.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by MarkP24
It seems DL has a higher threshold for their unofficial top tier than AA and UA supposedly do.
Much higher. Spend in 50 - 60k range will get you GS/CK on those 2 regardless of the location.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL DM360, Aeroplan SE
360 Packs

...has anyone received their 360 packs yet? I remember them coming pretty quickly after the 1st last year!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: DL360, Marriott Ambassdor
@Skyboy2006 My assumption is there will be some analysis of your flights themselves/ the common origin instead of just looking at what is input as your "home airport" online. I'm just making an educated guess. In your case, while LGA, JFK are Delta hubs (BOS technically a focus city), there is so much competition in those NYC airports with other airlines that the spend requirement likely won't need to be as high if you're out of ATL, DTW, MSP. In other words, I do not think your home airport input will make or break your chances considering the airports you are flying out of, but that's my understanding from what I've read/seen.
Skyboy2006 likes this.

Last edited by ek3494; Feb 11, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL360, Marriott Ambassdor
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
If you're flying paid domestic first-class or paid international business-class I don't understand the value in 360. It's not like they give you extra global upgrade certificates. It's not like, at least officially based on a strict reading of the Sky Miles terms, you are ahead of ordinary diamond medallions in upgrade priority. It's not like Delta has special 360 lounges or even business-class lounges. 360 or not, you go to the same overcrowded Sky Club, where you eat the same food and drink the same drinks as the rest of us. Heck, you don't even get additional miles per dollar for buying all these expensive tickets as the maximum number of miles you can earn on a ticket are capped out, regardless of status. In that sense Delta is punishing you for spending money. If I'm paying $10,000 for a ticket then I should get the full amount of miles based on the formula.

Considering all of this, I just don't see the value when compared with what American or United offers.
are you sure that’s the case regarding upgrades? From a number of things I’ve read 360 puts you at the very top of the upgrade list
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ek3494

are you sure that’s the case regarding upgrades? From a number of things I’ve read 360 puts you at the very top of the upgrade list
It very well could, but it's not a published medallion status and isn't reflected in the published upgrade criteria.

Priority
Complimentary Upgrade Hierarchy1
Medallion Status
Fare Class Groupings: higher-priced fares are ranked above lower-priced fares
Delta Reserve Credit Card Members
Delta Corporate Travelers*
Card Members who earned the Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQD) Waiver in the current calendar year1
Date and time of upgrade request
*Delta Corporate Travelers eligible for higher upgrade clearance priority are SkyMiles Medallion Members traveling on a ticket that includes their eligible employer's Corporate Ticket Designator.

1This hierarchy only applies to Medallion Complimentary Upgrades on Delta-marketed/Delta-operated flights.

When your upgrade will clear:
  • For First Class upgrades, Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members will clear beginning 120 hours (5 days) prior to departure, Gold Medallion Members will clear beginning 72 hours (3 days) prior to departure and Silver Medallion Members will clear beginning 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure, subject to upgrade availability.
  • For Delta Comfort+® upgrades, Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members will be upgraded to Delta Comfort+® immediately after booking, if available. Gold Medallion Members will clear beginning 72 hours (3 days) prior to departure and Silver Medallion Members will clear beginning 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure, subject to upgrade availability.
  • For Delta One U.S. 50 upgrades, Medallion Members will clear on the day of departure following the same clearance priority hierarchy as First Class Upgrades, subject to upgrade availability.
  • For all Complimentary Upgrades on Delta-operated flights that are marketed by Air France/KLM or Virgin Atlantic, Medallion Members will clear on the day of departure, subject to upgrade availability.
Things to Know about Upgrade Priority:
  • Medallion Tier is the most important factor in upgrade clearance priority, starting with Diamond Medallion Members, then Platinum, Gold and Silver.
  • Members at the same Medallion Tier will be cleared in order of fare class groupings for paid tickets, Award Tickets and Pay with Miles2 tickets, with higher fare classes among all ticket types holding higher priority.
  • Partner airline elite members will be eligible for day-of-departure upgrades only, with the exception of Aeromexico Club Premier members, whose upgrades can clear in advance or on the day-of-departure.
  • Delta Reserve Credit Card Members will have a higher prioritization within their Medallion group for upgrades.3
  • Delta Corporate Travelers4 traveling on a Delta corporate ticket for business will now have a higher prioritization within their Medallion group for upgrades.
  • If all else is equal, Card Members who earned the MQD Waiver in the current calendar year will enjoy higher priority.1
  • Date and time of upgrade request will be used as a tie-breaker.
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/medallion-program/medallion-upgrades.html/#clear
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt
The invitation specifically mentions the benefits over and above Diamond, including ‘top of the list for complimentary upgrades.’
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DougSkymiles
The invitation specifically mentions the benefits over and above Diamond, including ‘top of the list for complimentary upgrades.’
That's great, but that's merely marketing material. I don't see anything on face value in the actual policy that supports it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.