Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only passenger on a flight?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
I flew LHR-BRU on a BA A-320 on Boxing Day in 2016. The flight left LHR at 8 AM and had 14 people on it. I was the sole passenger in Club Europe though the curtain was behind row 5. Once we took off the curtains were closed so it was just me in front and it felt very private jet like. That was a fun time.
I was the sole business/fc passenger on a VA flight CHC-SYD last September. 2 rows of 4 seats in VA 737. Very good service, although the FA did go to the back to help out. A very good breakfast.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Recently did Vegas to Nashville with 11 people on a 737-800. And a few of those were last minute re-routes or it would have been 5 I think.

The Gate Agent had fun and did the announcement in super fast talk, waiting a few seconds for the obligatory delay and then announced all the boarding zones in rapid fire.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Ifti Khan
Wife and I were the only two passengers in 1st class, Rome to Athens. Had spent a good hour in the lounge in the company of espresso and grappa. The FAs could just not fathom why we did not want to open and finish bottles of both a red and white wine. I wonder if they get to personally use the ones that are open? anyway gave into my doubt and had a glass of the red for me, and a glass of the white for the wife. I guess all concerned were happy.
Oh come on, its is pretty common in Europe to have near-empty business class on intra-european flights. No sane person would pay $$$ for economy seat with blocked middle and slightly upgraded meal, except for connections to long-haul business class or awards (when economy award is not available).

I was on MANY flights where I was the only passenger in business class on short European segments, inluding AF, OS, BA, LX, LO and twice on SU (with real business class seats).
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Tuesday SAT-ATL
Was supposed to fly SAT-ATL-CVG. 6:15 SAT-ATL was delayed with great risk of misconnect to CVG. 4:15 was full. Check in agent, noticed a previously cancelled 8am SAT-ATL flight due to mechanical was fixed and dispatched to ATL with crew only. She radioed the captain who agreed to take me on their 4:30pm departure. Spent the entire time speaking the ins and outs of Delta with 2 wonderful FAs, Phillip and Brittany.

Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JCWCVG
Tuesday SAT-ATL
Was supposed to fly SAT-ATL-CVG. 6:15 SAT-ATL was delayed with great risk of misconnect to CVG. 4:15 was full. Check in agent, noticed a previously cancelled 8am SAT-ATL flight due to mechanical was fixed and dispatched to ATL with crew only. She radioed the captain who agreed to take me on their 4:30pm departure. Spent the entire time speaking the ins and outs of Delta with 2 wonderful FAs, Phillip and Brittany.
That is a great story. I am jealous.
eastindywalrus likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:26 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
The haters are furious that the lazy GAs let this flight go out with empty seats in F.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by pvn
The haters are furious that the lazy GAs let this flight go out with empty seats in F.
And that they didn't close the curtain...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
New record for the closest I've ever come to being alone. SBY-PHL on an AA ERJ-145 earlier this year. Booked 4/50, one no showed so it was me and two other people. The gate agent still insisted on boarding by group numbers
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CMK10
New record for the closest I've ever come to being alone. SBY-PHL on an AA ERJ-145 earlier this year. Booked 4/50, one no showed so it was me and two other people. The gate agent still insisted on boarding by group numbers
Like this

jinglish likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by JCWCVG
Tuesday SAT-ATL

Notice the bag in the overhead. Should you not "try" to find space under the seat in front of you first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.