Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ATL International Check-In at Domestic Terminal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL International Check-In at Domestic Terminal?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by arunhn
Has anyone here checked in for an Air France operated international flight at the ATL Domestic terminal recently? I am on the ATL - CDG AF 681 flight next week and wanted to see if I can just checkin (including bags) at the domestic south terminal.

Thanks
Arun
No. DL is the only airline that does checkin at both international and domestic. DL may ground handle for AF, but checkin will need to be done at an AF checkin counter, which is only in international.
arunhn likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:15 am
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
I have never waited in security more than 5 minutes in the international terminal. They do have PreCheck over there so the only thing you would be missing out on would be Clear. All in all, probably wouldn't be much of a time savings.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:49 am

I'm guessing OP is arriving via MARTA or airtrain and would like to avoid the shuttle to F
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I'm guessing OP is arriving via MARTA or airtrain and would like to avoid the shuttle to F
Yep, I am getting into ATL domestic terminal on an earlier flight that day on a carrier whose name shall not be said out loud . I guess i'll just plan on taking the shuttle to transfer to F.
Thank you guys for the quick response.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:47 pm

Well, if you're there already and the line isn't long, you might give it a try. I don't think it will work but you might get an agent that will shove it through.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
If you could carry-on only it is a lot easier as you can exit the first flight at the international terminal. The groundside shuttle is likely 30 minutes or so.

I could suggest trying to interline the bags, but I assume the "carrier not to be named" allows bags to fly free, but never on other airlines :-)
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Well, if you're there already and the line isn't long, you might give it a try. I don't think it will work but you might get an agent that will shove it through.
Question, If OP already has the AF BP, any chance he can take that to the baggage drop-off?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:39 am

Just did this today on the way to the Bahamas on DL and can confirm it went great; checked bags and everything. Saved me an extra shuttle ride and a bunch of time since the Hyatt only drops off at domestic.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
The above post and others post lead me to believe the answer is yes but asking to confirm as I'll have an overnight layover at ATL on an itinerary (SAT-ATL-SXM). This is a layover, not a mult-city or separate tickets, if that matters. I will already be checked in for the international leg when I check-in in ATL but will be short-checking bags for the overnight layover in ATL and then re-dropping/re-tagging bags the next morning for the international flight to SXM. Based on what I've read above, I should be able to do this at the "Domestic" terminal versus having to go to the international terminal, which would be convenient since I'm guessing most hotels, especially on the West Side of the airport, only drop off at the Domestic terminal which would then mean having to take the shuttle to the Int'l terminal which sounds like it's not exactly time-efficient. Is this correct? Will I be okay going to the Domestic terminal and dropping off my bags for the flight to SXM there in the morning?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Is this correct? Will I be okay going to the Domestic terminal and dropping off my bags for the flight to SXM there in the morning?
Based on my experiences, that should work great. I personally give myself at least 10-15min of breathing room when doing stuff like this just in case they change policies or something. Best case I just spend it in the SkyClub or at One Flew South.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
As long as the carrier is DL, the answer is you can checkin at either end.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Opening this up again for a question for the Hartsfield airport in Atlanta.

Flying from Atlanta to Paris. Will be taking Marta to get to the airport.

I booked a cash rate via Delta as I'm a Gold Medallion. Added an infant to this ticket as a lap baby.
I booked my wife's ticket on points using Air France.

Can I check all of us using the Delta counter in domestic? That way, I can use the Priority line for Delta as well as not go over to the international terminal.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:27 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by swhang
Opening this up again for a question for the Hartsfield airport in Atlanta.

Flying from Atlanta to Paris. Will be taking Marta to get to the airport.

I booked a cash rate via Delta as I'm a Gold Medallion. Added an infant to this ticket as a lap baby.
I booked my wife's ticket on points using Air France.

Can I check all of us using the Delta counter in domestic? That way, I can use the Priority line for Delta as well as not go over to the international terminal.
It's not obvious whether you are flying Delta or Air France.

If you are flying Delta, you can check in at the domestic terminal.

If you are flying Air France, you'll have to take the landside bus to the international terminal to check in at the Air France counter.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I don't think it matters which airline they're on. I believe DL can check in all the Skyteam tickets. But depending on the time of day, if you don't have status to use the Priority counters, it might actually be faster to check in at Intl. There have evidently been some massive lines in ATL recently.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hotturnip
I don't think it matters which airline they're on. I believe DL can check in all the Skyteam tickets. But depending on the time of day, if you don't have status to use the Priority counters, it might actually be faster to check in at Intl. There have evidently been some massive lines in ATL recently.
DL may ground handle AF/KL, but you're checked in via AF/KL systems. At least last time I asked, must checkin at international for AF/KL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.