Wiki Posts
Search

No V or T fares available

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
No V or T fares available

Hi all, does Delta have a rough schedule as to when they release V/T fares?
I'm trying to book a flight from ALB -> MCO in October. Specifically Oct. 17-21. All I am seeing are K fares, but when I look at seat maps, they are COMPLETELY open.
I know there are things like 21-day rules (which I'm not entirely sure I understand) but wondering if folks have experience on that.

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There are T fares bookable in October but not on your dates.

The concise, if unhelpful answer: They will open T and V fares when they're no longer confident they can fills planes with K and higher. Per ITA matrix:

Fare 1: Carrier DL TAUUA0MB ALB to ORL (rules)Passenger type ADT, one-way fare, booking code TCovers ALB-ATL (Economy), ATL-MCO (Economy)$175.26

Fare 2: Carrier DL TAUUA0MB ORL to ALB (rules)Passenger type ADT, one-way fare, booking code TCovers MCO-ATL (Economy), ATL-ALB (Economy)$175.26US

Transportation Tax (US)$26.28US
September 11th Security Fee (AY)$11.20US
Passenger Facility Charge (XF)$18.00US
Flight Segment Tax (ZP)$16.80
Subtotal per passenger$422.80
Number of passengersx1
Subtotal For 1 adult$422.80
  • This ticket is non-refundable.
  • Changes to this ticket will
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

X and V are the two lowest main cabin fare classes on DL (T is the next one up). Airlines use many factors to determine inventory availability and obviously don't want to have a sort of repeatable pattern than flyers could take advantage of. That said, there have been some studies on this. The one below suggests that 47 days out averages to be the best time to buy (outside of peak demand periods like holidays). --

https://www.cheapair.com/blog/travel...lion-airfares/

I would just set a Google Flights fare alert for now and not worry about it. I suspect that they'll have some V bucket availability on the outbound on the 17th as Tue/Wed tend to be lower demand travel days. I currently see many dates in September (and a few in October) on Google Flights currently with open V bucket for ALB-MCO. The Sunday return, however, is probably unlikely to get as low as V availability as that is a higher demand travel day. In addition to leisure fliers hoping to squeeze every last bit of the weekend on vacation, there are also many business consultants who start the business week with flights out on Sunday afternoon/evening. I see some T/X fare bucket availability on a couple Sunday's in early September, however, they are only available on flights with a 6:20AM departure.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 21, 2018 at 9:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.