Search

Paid Sky Club access at LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas,Singapore,United,Virgin Australia,
Paid Sky Club access at LAX?

hi all,

I’ve had a look through the forum to see if I could find an answer, but I’ve been unable to. I’ve read in a number of places (travel websites etc) that it is possible to purchase entry to a Sky Club lounge for $59 if you have a ticket for travel on the day. I’ve had a look on the Delta website, but can’t find anything confirming (or not) this. I was wondering whether any of you knew whether it is indeed possible to purchase access. My hubby and I have a 6 hour layover at LAX on our SYD-JFK flight and we’re toying with the idea of getting a day stay room at one of the hotels close by, but 6 hours isn’t a huge layover for that when you consider going through customs/ immigration, dropping bags off, and then having to be back at the airport in time to clear security before the flight. I understand that one of the Sky Club lounges has showers, hence me looking at purchasing entry as an option.

Appreciate your advice!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
yes but starting january next year not but i may be confused on the rule change.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The $59 single visit pass already requires a same-day ticket on Delta or one of it's partners (a VA flight would be acceptable). Each family member requires their own pass except for those under 2. The terminal 2 Sky Club has showers, but the terminal 3 one does not. Details can be found here in the Single Visit Pass section --

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...use-rules.html

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 18, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
The $59 single visit pass already requires a same-day ticket on Delta or one of it's partners (a VA flight would be acceptable). Each family member requires their own pass except for those under 2. The terminal 2 Sky Club has showers, but the terminal 3 one does not. Details can be found here in the Single Visit Pass section --

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...use-rules.html
Thank you! I appreciate the information!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
yes but starting january next year not but i may be confused on the rule change.
Thank you!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Do note that if you have a DL Amex of any flavor or an AMEX Plat the fee is $29 instead of $59
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by LBJ
The terminal 2 Sky Club has showers, but the terminal 3 one does not.
The Terminal 2 Sky Club showers are closed for renovation. I switched from terminal 3 to 2 earlier this week to use them, only to find that out. In retrospect, the app does not currently list the Terminal 2 club as having showers.
fred_bear likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
One word of caution:
At JFK about 95% of the time there is a sign at the check in desk that says like "Due to capacity constraints we do not have single visit passes available for purchase at this time."

I don't recall seeing this sign at LAX but I would assume this could be implemented at any club that is frequently overcrowded (e.g. JFK, LAX). So you may have an issue when you arrive. I would have a plan B in place in case this happens to you.

Fortunately i've never had an issue using my Delta AMEX paying $29 even with the sign in place.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:32 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
MSP F/G was standing room only yesterday and they happily took my $29 to guest in a cow-orker
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pvn
MSP F/G was standing room only yesterday and they happily took my $29 to guest in a cow-orker
DL SCs might give higher priority to guests of members and those who have access versus some random person trying to purchase admission (even though the latter might be more profitable at least in the short run).
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
The Terminal 2 Sky Club showers are closed for renovation. I switched from terminal 3 to 2 earlier this week to use them, only to find that out. In retrospect, the app does not currently list the Terminal 2 club as having showers.
Thank you for the info! I’ll keep my eye on this and closer to June I’ll check what the status of the showers is. Our plan B is the day stay room at a close by hotel.

Last edited by fred_bear; Jan 19, 2018 at 7:00 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mridley2
One word of caution:
At JFK about 95% of the time there is a sign at the check in desk that says like "Due to capacity constraints we do not have single visit passes available for purchase at this time."

I don't recall seeing this sign at LAX but I would assume this could be implemented at any club that is frequently overcrowded (e.g. JFK, LAX). So you may have an issue when you arrive. I would have a plan B in place in case this happens to you.

Fortunately i've never had an issue using my Delta AMEX paying $29 even with the sign in place.
Thank you for the extra info, we’ve got our plan B as the day stay room at a nearby hotel so should be able to get a shower however it lands. Much to the relief of everyone on our LAX-JFK flight I’m sure! 🤣
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:17 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pvn
That's not a very nice thing to say about the orker you guested in!

steveholt likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:33 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
the cows aint gonna ork themselves
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Biscoff27
When I was there on 12/17 they said that there were renovations, but there was still two showers available for use.
fred_bear likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.