Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Recovery Operations at ATL is a joke

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

The hub is too damn big.

12 hours after an event still a ground stop program.

Ridiculous.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by apodo77
The hub is too damn big.

12 hours after an event still a ground stop program.

Ridiculous.
I am starting to agree
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Basically cancelling flights left and right 12 hours after the “storm”.
Joke

I am sure Delta apologists will show up soon.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
As someone who really wants to see 200+ flights at CVG again, I hope that DL wises up. ATL is insanely profitable, but at some point that profit has to be affected by the sheer number of meltdowns.

They're planning to extend Concourse A at CVG, so DL would have more space if they did want to beef up the hub again. B would need a new baggage system, but that's a certainty regardless of what DL does.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
The OP just made the same comment in the existing thread about the weather today, was a new thread also needed?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Lehava
The OP just made the same comment in the existing thread about the weather today, was a new thread also needed?
My thoughts exactly!
Lehava likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WWads
As someone who really wants to see 200+ flights at CVG again, I hope that DL wises up. ATL is insanely profitable, but at some point that profit has to be affected by the sheer number of meltdowns.

They're planning to extend Concourse A at CVG, so DL would have more space if they did want to beef up the hub again. B would need a new baggage system, but that's a certainty regardless of what DL does.
A 200 daily flight hub would provide very little true "relief" to a hub the size of ATL (especially in the days of the 85%+ load factors). Sorry, but the numbers just don't add up. Do you also propose that DL runs those CVG flights mostly empty just in case ATL needs relief?

I don't live in ATL, but looking at the news it seems the roads are pretty bad with schools closed and people being advised to stay off the highways. I'd imagine this is leading to staffing shortages for DL at ATL.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 17, 2018 at 5:50 pm
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by WWads

AA is moving from A to 5 gates (18. 20, 22, 24 and 26) in B April 1st. Guess they sub-leased the gates from Delta. Also, the airport board is remodeling B also....carpet, lighting, etc.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OHDL1
My thoughts exactly!
Blame me and not the ridiculous bloated hub that is ATL.
Did my additional post ruin your day? If so apologies.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by LBJ
A 200 daily flight hub would provide very little true "relief" to a hub the size of ATL (especially in the days of the 85%+ load factors). Sorry, but the numbers just don't add up. Do you also propose that DL runs those CVG flights mostly empty just in case ATL needs relief?
Don't be ridiculous, they would just reroute all ATL connecting traffic through CVG. Problem solved! As for O&D passengers, sorry you live in Ohio now.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Don't be ridiculous, they would just reroute all ATL connecting traffic through CVG. Problem solved! As for O&D passengers, sorry you live in Ohio now.
On the bright side 1” of snow overnight won’t cripple the airports in Ohio.
rufflesinc likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by apodo77

On the bright side 1” of snow overnight won’t cripple the airports in Ohio.
If you don't want to fly through Atlanta, don't buy tickets through Atlanta. Personal choice and responsibility, not whining.
OHDL1 and Lehava like this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:17 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
When will they learn?!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by OHDL1
AA is moving from A to 5 gates (18. 20, 22, 24 and 26) in B April 1st. Guess they sub-leased the gates from Delta. Also, the airport board is remodeling B also....carpet, lighting, etc.
B is a hot mess with wires dangling from the ceiling last I saw....just about as 3rd world as LGA
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
If you don't want to fly through Atlanta, don't buy tickets through Atlanta. Personal choice and responsibility, not whining.
I’ll keep whining. Thanks.
Aliquot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.