Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Buzz Aldrin, 2nd man on the moon, goes into a fit at LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS DL

This is being reported by Lucky (One Mile at a Time - Boarding Area) and TMZ He missed his 9:25 am flight (LAX-DTW???) and was going to be put on the next flight. He had a temper tantrum at the check in counter.

DYKWIA!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Toshbaf
This is being reported by Lucky (One Mile at a Time - Boarding Area) and TMZ He missed his 9:25 am flight (LAX-DTW???) and was going to be put on the next flight. He had a temper tantrum at the check in counter.

DYKWIA!
Yes, he did. He missed his flight, but they didn't have a wheelchair assistance. He was supposed to go to the gates, but it was too late for that. They will put him on the next flight out. They should bring his wheelchair assistance. He was complaining to ticket agents about wheelchair assistance. He needs a wheelchair.
Grog likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:50 pm

Finally somebody with a right to holler DYKWIA
ND76, ATOBTTR, OSSYULYYZ and 27 others like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS DL
Originally Posted by jk88usa
Finally somebody with a right to holler DYKWIA
Buzz Aldrin has a reputation for being entitled, much, much more so than Neil Armstrong. He is rumored to not be a nice person.

I know that he refuses to sign autographs, unlike most astronauts. He sells it for $300.
FlyerTalkUserName likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:09 pm

Buzz Aldrin has a reputation for being entitled, much, much more so than Neil Armstrong. He is rumored to not be a nice person.

I know that he refuses to sign autographs, unlike most astronauts. He sells it for $300.
Oh i know...I’m not saying he’s a nice guy, but I’d say if anybody flying DL can scream DYKWIA it’s Buzz and not your Joe Blow DM member who can’t find a place to stow his carryon
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by jk88usa

Oh i know...I’m not saying he’s a nice guy, but I’d say if anybody flying DL can scream DYKWIA it’s Buzz and not your Joe Blow DM member who can’t find a place to stow his carryon
Tranquillitatis Medallion status grants you permanent DYKWIA benefits.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:04 pm

I wonder how much of his attitude comes from years of having folks say to him "Come on , admit it..it was all a fake".... That's got to be...wearing!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
Tranquillitatis Medallion status grants you permanent DYKWIA benefits.
He flew to the moon, but he still have to change planes in Atlanta.
trooper, Grog, ross123 and 13 others like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by spamkiller
He flew to the moon, but he still have to change planes in Atlanta.
*Detroit

BURN! Need some ice ATL?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by FoxtrotSierra
*Detroit

BURN! Need some ice ATL?
Roger, Houston. He needs a ice cold water.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by trooper
I wonder how much of his attitude comes from years of having folks say to him "Come on , admit it..it was all a fake".... That's got to be...wearing!
Or knowing - and being told - he was 2nd.
trooper likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

DYKWIA!
For those interested in the meltdown:

Buzz Aldrin Goes Off On Delta After Missing Flight | TMZ.com
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by trooper
Wasn't it all fake?

Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Is the need for wheel chair just to get more DYKWIA attention? The guy seems to move pretty good and quickly when he wants too. Having not seen everything ,it is hard to say if he was at all justified being upset, I do think CS at LAX is probably one of the worst for DL. Usually I try to kill them with kindness, patience, understanding, and light heartedness, but even then you will rarely get those folks to crack a smile, much less let out a laugh.

Last edited by Ledfish; Jan 17, 2018 at 10:06 am
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I dont really see him "go ballistic at all". He is upset and a bit rude, but Ive seen plenty of actually want-to-be DYKWIA "business traveling nobodies" behave much worse than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.