Wiki Posts
Search

2017 -> 2018 Rollover Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

2017 -> 2018 Rollover Question

My sister just gave me her 15K Delta Amex Reserve bonus from 2017 because she'd rather have it in 2018. Same difference to me, so I'll just give her one back this year when I get it.

My 2017 total went up by the correct 15K and I see the entry dated 12/31/17.

But my rollover didn't go up.

This just occurred - maybe I need to wait a few days for Delta to re-process things like this? Or is the rollover completely done and I might as well start in on the phone calls?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by josephstern
My sister just gave me her 15K Delta Amex Reserve bonus from 2017 because she'd rather have it in 2018. Same difference to me, so I'll just give her one back this year when I get it.

My 2017 total went up by the correct 15K and I see the entry dated 12/31/17.

But my rollover didn't go up.

This just occurred - maybe I need to wait a few days for Delta to re-process things like this? Or is the rollover completely done and I might as well start in on the phone calls?
I believe Delta repeatedly "rolls over" throughout the month of Jan (which is why status doesn't expire until Feb) for exactly this reason. I would wait a week at minimum before calling in, unless you need the MQMs ASAP.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Cool. Thanks.

I’m in no hurry.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Your rollover should be corrected in the next sweep.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And . . . got 'em.

Less than 30 hours.

Thanks everyone!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
BTW, if the 15K MQM bonus gives you a higher 2018 status based on total MQMs earned in 2017 (including the bonus), you will receive the higher status immediately, while the rollover is adjusted down at the next sweep. That's what I just experienced.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
As a Gold, my stuff from 2017 hasn't rolled over yet. Cause for concern or are the just being slow? Will be in a SkyClub twice later today, would they know more or shall I call CS?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by techie
As a Gold, my stuff from 2017 hasn't rolled over yet. Cause for concern or are the just being slow? Will be in a SkyClub twice later today, would they know more or shall I call CS?
That seems pretty wrong and worthy of a phone call.

I really doubt the SkyClub personnel could help at all on that.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What were your end of year MQM numbers? If you did a status match to GM, you would only get MQM rollover if you had earned more than 50K MQM's in 2017 (the normal MQM requirement for GM). Also, DL has no "stuff" other than MQM's that rollover.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 20, 2018 at 9:22 am
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by LBJ
What were your end of year MQM numbers? If you did a status match to GM, you would only get MQM rollover if you had earned more than 50K MQM's in 2017 (the normal MQM requirement for GM). Also, DL has no "stuff" other than MQM's that rollover.
Hmm. I did not hit 50K MQMs, but I more than hit the standard GM requirement on segments and MQDs. Since GM can be achieved on MQMs or MQSs with MQDs, does this not count then?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm. I did not hit 50K MQMs, but I more than hit the standard GM requirement on segments and MQDs. Since GM can be achieved on MQMs or MQSs with MQDs, does this not count then?
Only MQM's rollover (neither MQD's, nor MQS's do). It does not matter how many MQD or MQS you earned to get GM, you will get no MQM rollover unless you also exceed the 50K MQM mark.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
Only MQM's rollover (neither MQD's, nor MQS's do). It does not matter how many MQD or MQS you earned to get GM, you will get no MQM rollover unless you also exceed the 50K MQM mark.
So you earn GM the normal way with over 50K MQMs and excess rolls over but you earn GM with a status match and MQMs in excess of what was required for status match doesn't roll over? That's screwed up.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
So you earn GM the normal way with over 50K MQMs and excess rolls over but you earn GM with a status match and MQMs in excess of what was required for status match doesn't roll over? That's screwed up.
No, you have misinterpreted the post you quoted. It does not say that at all. It just states that the only thing that rolls over is MQM.

If you are a GM (by any method), and earn over 50k MQMs (without reaching PM), then the amount > 50k MQMs will roll over.

If you are a GM (by any method) and earn less than 50k MQMs, you get no rollover.

'Stuff' doesn't roll over. Just MQM. It's always been this way, and other US airlines don't have anything that rolls over.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
No, you have misinterpreted the post you quoted. It does not say that at all. It just states that the only thing that rolls over is MQM.

If you are a GM (by any method), and earn over 50k MQMs (without reaching PM), then the amount > 50k MQMs will roll over.

If you are a GM (by any method) and earn less than 50k MQMs, you get no rollover.

'Stuff' doesn't roll over. Just MQM. It's always been this way, and other US airlines don't have anything that rolls over.
Then where is the incentive to keep flying Delta after you met the criteria for GM status match? Can't earn Platinum at the same reduced rate and if you don't have over 50K MQMs then the excess ones are wasted. Does not encourage loyalty from members who are more likely to achieve GM through segments instead of MQMs.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then where is the incentive to keep flying Delta after you met the criteria for GM status match? Can't earn Platinum at the same reduced rate and if you don't have over 50K MQMs then the excess ones are wasted. Does not encourage loyalty from members who are more likely to achieve GM through segments instead of MQMs.
Yeah, whatever. Good luck with that UA status match -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29282532-post297.html
wxman22 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.