Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Success getting a UK fast track card as DM/PM not in D1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Has anyone had success getting a UK fast track passport control card as a DM or PM, not seated in D1? This is what the card looks like, so it appears that DM/PM should get them. Do the flight attendants give them out to people in coach by default? If not, can you ask them for one?

Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by scottsinct
Has anyone had success getting a UK fast track passport control card as a DM or PM, not seated in D1? This is what the card looks like, so it appears that DM/PM should get them. Do the flight attendants give them out to people in coach by default? If not, can you ask them for one?

Last time I flew to London in Y I asked the FA and after saying it is only for D1 he brought me some. 20 min before landing an FA had the manifest and came up to us and gave me these cards and an invitation to the lounge. So you should be able to get these cards.
aquamarinesteph likes this.

Last edited by flying_donkeys12; Jan 15, 2018 at 8:41 pm
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Last time I flew (MSP-LHR), the FA's handed them out to all DM/PM's in Coach. This was in Sept 2017.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by MarkCron
Last time I flew (MSP-LHR), the FA's handed them out to all DM/PM's in Coach. This was in Sept 2017.
That has been my experience the past two Delta flights to LHR. However, I was told by one FA that Delta's official policy was to give these out only to D1 pax, so you may or may not luck out.

Immigration at LHR T3 is really hit or miss; we landed there on US Thanksgiving morning IAD-LHR on VS, and only had to wait 10 minutes in the regular line to speak to an immigration officer. A couple of years ago on the daylight flight JFK-LHR on a Thursday, we had to wait in line for an hour, and barely beat pax from an EK 380 flight into the line, which would have added another hour.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:47 pm

I’ve never been refused when requesting a fast track voucher from a either a VS or DL flight attendant.

One other thought: if you go to the UK regularly, I strongly suggest getting a Registered Traveller membership which grants you access to the automatic passport lanes. To be eligible, you need to either have a current UK visa OR have visited 4 times in the last 24 months.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
So you can receive this as flying D1, even if you haven't yet reached DM or PM?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ruckzac
I’ve never been refused when requesting a fast track voucher from a either a VS or DL flight attendant.

One other thought: if you go to the UK regularly, I strongly suggest getting a Registered Traveller membership which grants you access to the automatic passport lanes. To be eligible, you need to either have a current UK visa OR have visited 4 times in the last 24 months.
The UK scheme is ridiculous, I'm eligible to apply though it costs 70GBP a year (needs to be renewed every year for 50GBP), that is 270GBP or $370 over 5 years. Compared to GE ($100 and some CCs cover the fee) or Nexus ($50) it's pure money grab.

Frequent flyer status does the job, at least in LHR T5.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Priority Club Plat, HH Silver, Marriott, Hertz President's Circle, WN Rapid Rewards
My experience is sometimes the FA will come through main cabin and hand these out to DM/PM. Sometimes not. I never thought to ask them for one; it can't hurt and I'll keep that in mind in future.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Honestly, I would say about 25% of the time, it's quicker to go in the general entry lane (and be one of the first people there from your flight by virtue of being in D1) than the fast track.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
On my recent flight, they did go through the main cabin handing out the cards to PM/DM who weren't in D1.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by redadeco
The UK scheme is ridiculous, I'm eligible to apply though it costs 70GBP a year (needs to be renewed every year for 50GBP), that is 270GBP or $370 over 5 years. Compared to GE ($100 and some CCs cover the fee) or Nexus ($50) it's pure money grab.

Frequent flyer status does the job, at least in LHR T5.
Well VS and DL fly to T3, not T5, but fwiw I agree on the pricing. I also recently discovered that LGW (useful for EU travel) sells fast track immigration access for about Ł10. With LHR cards from DL/VS and one time payments for the once or twice a year I might fly in from the continent, I won't bother with Registered Traveller until the annual cost drops.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
So you can receive this as flying D1, even if you haven't yet reached DM or PM?
Correct. The FAs distribute the FastTrack cards to everyone in D1. Arriving passengers in D1 or VS UC can also use the landslide VS arrivals lounge, called Revivals.

The above also applies to PM and DM, regardless of cabin, but sometimes you must request it before landing. (That’s partly redundant with rest of thread)
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:45 am

I didn’t know these were available for high-level medallions as well as business class. Does VS do the same on request? I generally fly with them when going to London and have never seen a fast-track pass in premium economy.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
I didn’t know these were available for high-level medallions as well as business class. Does VS do the same on request? I generally fly with them when going to London and have never seen a fast-track pass in premium economy.
My experience has been yes, upon request.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
Like Ruckzac, I’ve always asked when in VS PE and never been refused. The FAs don’t distribute them as they do in UC but always respond positively to a request. I don’t know whether GM is included or if it’s just PM and DM, as with the arrival lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.