Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What to do when SkyClub staff won't enforce even the most basic rules?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver

Sitting in JFK T4 SkyClub. There is a group of about 20 people traveling together. Drunk, loud, shouting, swearing. Multiple staff said their behavior is unacceptable but refuse to do anything about it.
God, I hope they are not on my flight.
One guy was literally doing a stand up routine to the shouts of his group earlier.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Sitting in JFK T4 SkyClub. There is a group of about 20 people traveling together. Drunk, loud, shouting, swearing. Multiple staff said their behavior is unacceptable but refuse to do anything about it.
God, I hope they are not on my flight.
One guy was literally doing a stand up routine to the shouts of his group earlier.
Yeah that's JFK T4 for you. It's basically a war-zone during evening departures. I'm also not shocked that the staff did nothing about it. Did you talk to the contract employees at the bar, or the actual Delta employees at check-in? The former probably have less power to deal with unruly passengers than the latter.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah that's JFK T4 for you. It's basically a war-zone during evening departures. I'm also not shocked that the staff did nothing about it. Did you talk to the contract employees at the bar, or the actual Delta employees at check-in? The former probably have less power to deal with unruly passengers than the latter.
The Delta employees. They are not the friendliest or most welcoming of folks it seems on a good day. Just annoying I have a 4 hour layover and either stuck with them or the gate area. Right now, the public area is quieter and the WiFi faster.

It is tempting to forward the video I took of the obviously drunk guy getting served to the NY State Liquor Authority though.........
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Indeed - I saw one of the (contract) staff members recommend that someone go buy some Shake Shack and sneak it in a couple of months ago. Harmless, but I think it's indicative of the attitude the staff have at the club.

Of course, they bought me a milkshake for telling them there was a second Shake Shack closer to the club, so I guess I might be part of the problem
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Does WiFi always suck here or is that something new or related to the issues with website/app crashes?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Does WiFi always suck here or is that something new or related to the issues with website/app crashes?
I've never had a huge problem with the WiFi, but it's never been quick in my experience. Given how busy it problem is at this time, I would suspect it's just a bit over capacity.

I really wish DL could/would open a second SC in their flagship T4 @ JFK - it's certainly big enough, and I'm sure they send enough premium pax through the airport every day for it to be worthwhile. I'm hopeful that the stupid 'nap room' they were renovating last time I was there is going to reopen as usable space at least?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Yeah I was at the JFK SC yesterday (around the same time as you were) and the WiFi was ...glitchy to say the least
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thankfully the group has left (don't think they were asked to leave). So hopefully not on my flight.

Also, thankfully, the plat AmEx that gets me in, gets me boingo WiFi for free.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by manacit
I've never had a huge problem with the WiFi, but it's never been quick in my experience. Given how busy it problem is at this time, I would suspect it's just a bit over capacity.

I really wish DL could/would open a second SC in their flagship T4 @ JFK - it's certainly big enough, and I'm sure they send enough premium pax through the airport every day for it to be worthwhile. I'm hopeful that the stupid 'nap room' they were renovating last time I was there is going to reopen as usable space at least?
What DL really needs is a dedicated D1 lounge at JFK. AA and UA have them. Why not D1?

Thankfully the group has left (don't think they were asked to leave). So hopefully not on my flight.

Also, thankfully, the plat AmEx that gets me in, gets me boingo WiFi for free.
Next time that happens and you have a long layover, you could head over to T2. It tends to be quieter. They don't have hot food, but it's better than the terminal.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:50 pm

I once saw a guy call the airport police at an Admirals Club after the AA staff refused to deal with the abusinve behavior of some drunks.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I once saw a guy call the airport police at an Admirals Club after the AA staff refused to deal with the abusive behavior of some drunks.
That's absolutely an option. A SC is like any other bar at the end of the day.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Next time that happens and you have a long layover, you could head over to T2. It tends to be quieter. They don't have hot food, but it's better than the terminal.
Nope, they wouldn't let me on the shuttle to T2 without a boarding pass.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:35 pm

Nope, they wouldn't let me on the shuttle to T2 without a boarding pass.
That's a farce. Just say you're going to the SkyClub and walk by them. They can't stop you. I've done it before.
Spiff likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Sounds like its time to complain to corporate Delta. They should know that their employees aren't maintaining standards.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
It is tempting to forward the video I took of the obviously drunk guy getting served to the NY State Liquor Authority though.........
I hope you're also tempted to put it on YT or similar and share it at Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.