Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-KEF

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

JFK-KEF

Hi everyone

Im looking at flying JFK-KEF, specifically on October 1. I cannot find any business class seats on the flight, or indeed any on the flights around that date, any ideas why?

As an aside, do basic economy fares on this route allow for a checked bag or no?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Hi everyone

Im looking at flying JFK-KEF, specifically on October 1. I cannot find any business class seats on the flight, or indeed any on the flights around that date, any ideas why?

As an aside, do basic economy fares on this route allow for a checked bag or no?
On shorter TATL routes like JFK-KEF, Delta has eliminated business class and just offers premium economy now. The seats up front are the same as standard domestic first class, but are no longer being sold as Delta One.

This is a recent change, so we don't know what the service will look like. My guess is that the food will be similar to domestic first class. The biggest loss is lounge access and Westin bedding.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:18 pm

See this thread Delta downgrading from business to premium-economy on some TATL routes
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Great thanks everyone
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell

Checked bag fees will apply for basic economy tickets, even on international routes, after April 10. For travel departing before April 10, 2018, Basic Economy passengers still get 1 free checked bag.

For Basic Economy, U.S. and Canada TO AND FROM Europe/North Africa (ticketing on or after Dec. 6, 2017 for travel on/after April 10, 2018) will have the following baggage fees:
  • 1st bag fee is $60/50EUR/75CAD
  • 2nd bag fee is $100/85EUR/120CAD
Source: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...p/checked.html
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:27 pm

Really unfortunate as in August flying up front was provided access to the Saga lounge at KEF which was awesome.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by WDE76
Really unfortunate as in August flying up front was provided access to the Saga lounge at KEF which was awesome.
My wife and I flew D1 JFK>KEF on this past Thanksgiving week. There were six or more open D1 seats both ways. It was only ~$2500/pp for D1 with flights booked inside 10 days of DD so I wondered why it was so empty up front.

The lead FA used one to nap for an hour or two after dinner.

The Saga lounge was nice. Had the place almost entirely to ourselves.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by TheHorta

The lead FA used one to nap for an hour or two after dinner.
I'm sure that did not happen.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by TheHorta
My wife and I flew D1 JFK>KEF on this past Thanksgiving week. There were six or more open D1 seats both ways. It was only ~$2500/pp for D1 with flights booked inside 10 days of DD so I wondered why it was so empty up front.
That's still expensive when you consider (1) the short duration of the flight and (2) the fact that you could have bought an entire row of economy seats for much less money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.