Wiki Posts
Search

MQM credit for MU flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, HH
MQM credit for MU flights

I recently moved to China but with several trips back to Detroit and Atlanta every year, I plan to stick with Skyteam members while here.

I just booked a flight from CGQ to BKK on MU via Orbitz. I am wondering how I can ensure the MQMs will end up crediting my skymiles account?

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Unless its a "J" class ticket you won't even earn 100% MQMs if you credit to DL SkyMiles:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-southern.html
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:34 pm

I think MU is China Eastern, where you do earn 100% MQMs on almost all fares.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Striple
I recently moved to China but with several trips back to Detroit and Atlanta every year, I plan to stick with Skyteam members while here.

I just booked a flight from CGQ to BKK on MU via Orbitz. I am wondering how I can ensure the MQMs will end up crediting my skymiles account?

Thanks!
The first thing is to make sure that your DL Skymiles # is on all your boarding passes, then the MQMs will eventually be credited.

Here's the correct link for the MU awards.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...a-eastern.html
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Correct, MU is China Eastern, my fare classes are B,K,L,B so I should get 100% and 150% of MQM. I just want to know how I can make sure the credit occurs. Do I need to enter my FF number with MU or on Orbitz?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jacksafar
Unless its a "J" class ticket you won't even earn 100% MQMs if you credit to DL SkyMiles:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-southern.html
MU is China eastern not southern. MU flights get full MQM. Just make sure your Skymiles number is entered and you get credit.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Striple
Correct, MU is China Eastern, my fare classes are B,K,L,B so I should get 100% and 150% of MQM. I just want to know how I can make sure the credit occurs. Do I need to enter my FF number with MU or on Orbitz?
I would do both if possible. You can also show your Delta Skymiles card to the the MU agent at check-in, and ask him or her if that's on your record.

As back up, definitely keep your boarding passes. That way, if the miles don't post, you can e-mail a scan of the bp's to Delta for Skymiles crediting. I've done this before for Air France flights ticketed by Delta (006 stock).
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bowgie
I would do both if possible. You can also show your Delta Skymiles card to the the MU agent at check-in, and ask him or her if that's on your record.

As back up, definitely keep your boarding passes. That way, if the miles don't post, you can e-mail a scan of the bp's to Delta for Skymiles crediting. I've done this before for Air France flights ticketed by Delta (006 stock).
Thanks, I will for sure.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:09 am

Had many MU flights crediting to Delta with no issues. Usually bought the tickets off Expedia which has my FF profile. I also call in to confirm as well as request for aisle seats.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Had many MU flights crediting to Delta with no issues. Usually bought the tickets off Expedia which has my FF profile. I also call in to confirm as well as request for aisle seats.
Quick question, when you call, do you call Expedia or China Eastern? I just booked some China Eastern biz tickets through Expedia for later in the year and can't seem to find my FF number anywhere on the reservation but I did put it in to Expedia when I paid for the ticket. Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by tkelsay
Quick question, when you call, do you call Expedia or China Eastern? I just booked some China Eastern biz tickets through Expedia for later in the year and can't seem to find my FF number anywhere on the reservation but I did put it in to Expedia when I paid for the ticket. Thanks.
I believe this is normal (it has been the case on my last 2 MU tickets purchased via OTAs) and you are fine. But you can double check when you check in with a human.

EDIT: If you want to call to verify the FF#, Call China Eastern. At the end of the day, only their system matters.

Last edited by exwannabe; Apr 10, 2017 at 5:20 pm
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
I recently flew MU. My SM numbers were on the boarding passes, but I never received credit. I requested online and it showed up in a few days.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Add online.
Ask agent when checking in to add.
Confirm it's on boarding pass.

It should auto credit. If not ask for it.

When I flew MU it auto-credited. Slightly longer than a Delta flight but pretty quick.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:57 pm

I had experienced all of the below
- Expedia passes my FF number correctly
- Called China Eastern to add while asking for seat assignments
- Asked for FF number to be verified and updated when checking in.
- Have miles credited automatically (most of the time)
- Had to write in to Delta to request for missing miles (recent trip)

End of the day, I would recommend that you save your boarding pass until trip posts
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire
Thanks everyone for the posts, very helpful as always.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.