Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Clear Membership Status When Diamond Not Achieved

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond MM Hyatt Plat Starwoods SPG

Having received free Clear membership because of Diamond status will my credit card be billed automatically for 2018 because I didn't maintain Diamond? Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Check your clear account and probably.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Denzoo
Having received free Clear membership because of Diamond status will my credit card be billed automatically for 2018 because I didn't maintain Diamond? Thanks
I would guess so, but this should happen at the time your CLEAR membership is up for renewal; status at that time is what counts, so for instance if your CLEAR membership renews in January, you should be OK.. If you were to regain DM status by renewal time, you shouldn't be charged anything. If you're PM then, you might have to contact CLEAR to get the discount.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
My card was not automatically charged. But my account did expire. And I went into renew it (I did requalify diamond). The website didn't properly apply the discount, so i was charged. But a call to Clear got the charge removed.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was automatically charged even as a DM. Called CLEAR, phone rep cannot understand why I was charged and processed a refund. Please check your credit card account carefully.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I like azeckel and TerryK am DM and was charged when clicking to renew my Clear. I thought it was mistake, but a few days later the charge showed up on - this morning I emailed them and promptly got back an email saying a refund will be processed immediately. So I would make sure to check the CC on file with Clear if you have auto-renew and request refund if charged.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:25 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Mine renewed in Oct 2017 and didn't seem to have been charged (I'll take a look) but my Clear receipt said $0.00 on line
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:33 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
I was able to reply to a generic marketing email before my expiration date and they extended me for another year--no credit card charges. Took about 30 seconds total.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: DL 1MM
Am curious if anyone has additional experiences since the last posts in January about Clear membership renewing when your 2018 status is no longer Diamond? I've dropped to Platinum, but the Clear site today is stating that on my renewal date of x I will be charged $0 to card number ending in xxxx. Presumably Clear has a way of confirming one's current status at the time of renewal, and in spite of what their site is telling me I should expect to be charged $79? Thoughts?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I have a question but the opposite. What if I have paid for it in the past, and I am hitting DM for the first time this year. How do I get Clear for free?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I have a question but the opposite. What if I have paid for it in the past, and I am hitting DM for the first time this year. How do I get Clear for free?
During the process it'll verify status. Discount will then apply.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Link your DL DM account to CLEAR and your renewal should be free.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just got a renewal email from CLEAR. It states that my renewal is in one month, giving the exact date, and saying that it will be free assuming that I'm still DM on that date.

Alternatively, if status drops, renewal is apparently still automatic but one is billed at the rate corresponding to the elite level on the renewal date.

Nothing is said about what to do or how to contact them if you do not want to renew or want to renew at a price based on status in some other program.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I just got a renewal email from CLEAR. It states that my renewal is in one month, giving the exact date, and saying that it will be free assuming that I'm still DM on that date.

Alternatively, if status drops, renewal is apparently still automatic but one is billed at the rate corresponding to the elite level on the renewal date.

Nothing is said about what to do or how to contact them if you do not want to renew or want to renew at a price based on status in some other program.
Have you tried logging into your Clear account and updating info?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Have you tried logging into your Clear account and updating info?
I don't think I have anything to update. I'm still DM, I want my Clear membership to be renewed (and apparently they plan to do it for free on my expiration date) and nothing has changed in my profile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.