Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Drink Coupons?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:49 pm

Haven’t used the drink coupons in a while, but have a flight coming up when I may want to. Looked in my wallet and there are 4 coupons there, but none of them have a QR code or number. Just says Drink voucher, thanks for being a medallion member, enjoy a drink on us. Does anyone know how this works?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:41 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ConcordeOrphan
Haven’t used the drink coupons in a while, but have a flight coming up when I may want to. Looked in my wallet and there are 4 coupons there, but none of them have a QR code or number. Just says Drink voucher, thanks for being a medallion member, enjoy a drink on us. Does anyone know how this works?
In the app, when you tap on one it will ask if you're sure you're ready to use it, then if you say yes it'll show a QR code, which the FA might not bother scanning anyway.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: DL PM
Have 8 drink vouchers, if anyone want them give me a pm. They expire 1/31/20

Sorry, All gone.

Last edited by wwu11; Dec 16, 2019 at 10:26 am
Old Dec 19, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Asia based and rarely fly domestic. Logged in and realised I have 9 expiring 31Jan20. PM me if you want them.

To be fair, will give out 3 per PM.

All given out now

Last edited by dfs24; Dec 23, 2019 at 4:27 am
Old Dec 23, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond , Marriott Ambassador, Alaska MVP Gold, American Airlines Gold
I’ve got 8 expiring 1/31/20. I will not use these (all my travel in January is going to be J), so I’m happy to offload them to anyone else.

PM me, I’ll give 2 per PM

All gone!

Last edited by film_girl; Dec 27, 2019 at 9:58 am
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
For some reason, all of the drink coupons I got from last year all expire in 01/2021.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Was fortunate to either be C+, F, or flying internationally on all my flights this year so still have a bunch left and my January travel is international. I've got somewhere between 4 and 6 (I thought I gave a couple away to colleagues but perhaps they were never used since they still show up in my DL wallet -- will need to check).

In any case send a PM and will give 2 per PM until I run out.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 11:00 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
It's that time of year so on my trip Fri I will wait til the comfort cabin boards then search out an aged couple and give them a couple of drinkies for their flight. I often get a strong thank you as they brush by my seat in first while boarding making their way to the back
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: Delta
I have all my drink coupons unused this year, anyone can PM me for them. I don't drink alcohol so it's wasted every year.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Gold
I have 3 drink coupons expiring 1/31/2020. PM me if you want them.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
I have 40 extra drink coupons expiring in the next 30 days. What should I do?

I don’t know the reason why I was given 50 drink coupons a year and a half ago. Whatever the reason, I only managed to use 9 of them (mostly to give to friends) since I’m always in C+ or F.

I have 41 left and looking for ideas to use them since they expire at the end of January. I’m thinking about printing them and giving them out to Y passengers as they board on my NYE flight. I think I’d slip the flight attendant a $20 or $50 for the trouble though.

Thoughts? Is that even allowed?
Redhead likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
While the idea sounds like a really nice gesture, I think that it would be an issue to have 40+ passengers who otherwise wouldn't drink deciding to be merry in the same plane. Flight attendants might not be too happy, and I'm not sure if it would be legal for them to take money from a passenger.

Might I suggest a Flyertalk gift scheme?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is nothing inappropriate about giving the vouchers to fellow passengers. I don't believe that DL permits FA's to accept tips and it really is not necessary.

Likely that those 39 other passengers would have ordered something anyway and whether it was alcohol, soda, water, or coffee really is not a material matter for the FA's (although you do want to be closer to the front as this will certainly run popular booze dry on smaller aircraft).
Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Oh, sorry, I understood that the vouchers were for alcoholic beverages, not drinks in general.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by MfromL
While the idea sounds like a really nice gesture, I think that it would be an issue to have 40+ passengers who otherwise wouldn't drink deciding to be merry in the same plane. Flight attendants might not be too happy, and I'm not sure if it would be legal for them to take money from a passenger.

Might I suggest a Flyertalk gift scheme?

AKA as "we deserve them more" LOL!

May I suggest that what the OP is doing is fine. honestly one drink isn't going to make the plane a flight full of drunks as long as you don't give all 40 to the same group of 5 people determined to tie one on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.