Free Drink Coupons?

Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The Situation
Same here in that they showed up immediately after making GM, but when you requalify, they don't show up until the new year I guess. I also found them difficult to use (which is a good thing!), but my friends really appreciated my extras when they flew home for the holidays. Definitely got a lot more enjoyment out of giving them to someone else who is very thankful for them than I would have using them on myself. Its the little things in life.
Yeah a couple times I tried to use them when traveling with my family (no upgrades) and the FA didn't bother scanning them, she said it was too much work. So I actually meant literally difficult rather than no opportunity, but either way yeah don't find much opportunity either, being upgraded or just plain no day drinking.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by djmodifyd
I'm a platinum, remaining a platinum. Still no drink vouchers. If anyone has any extras feel free to let me know, my wife is going on a girls trip in a bit and could use as many as thrown their way!

(shes going to realize what its like flying as a standard skymiles member )
LOL. Every time Mrs. Lee takes a DL flight without me, she says it'll be fine etc. etc. Then when she gets back she's all grumpy about sitting in the way back and not having SP and everything. I used to text her when she was boarding telling her "Enjoy #zone4life ". Now has been updated to #zone8life .

Originally Posted by defrosted
Yeah a couple times I tried to use them when traveling with my family (no upgrades) and the FA didn't bother scanning them, she said it was too much work. So I actually meant literally difficult rather than no opportunity, but either way yeah don't find much opportunity either, being upgraded or just plain no day drinking.
I usually print my drink chits so I can just hand them to the FA instead of fumbling with the phone/scanner. I've found that roughly half the time they never get scanned.
djmodifyd and defrosted like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
This morning I still have 12 drink vouchers expiring 1/31/2019.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Prior to departing RDU-BOS last Sunday night (Jan 27) I printed all 12 vouchers and while seated in 2B, handed them out randomly to the people at the end of boarding, one guy asked if he could have another. Last night, saw a lady in 1C on BOS-RDU doing the same thing. Never saw so many happy people on a plane.
Zorak likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
The first part of this thread was from last year and a bit confusing.

BUT - I did notice mine all have the 1/31/19 expiration as well.

Wonder how much the FA care of the dates?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
I requalified as Platinum for 2019. I had three oustanding coupons yesterday with an expiration date of 1/31/19. As if this morning my wallet was empty.

I was rerouted due to IROPs this morning and found my self sitting in back. The flight attendant was more than happy to take my credit card.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:41 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
Prior to departing RDU-BOS last Sunday night (Jan 27) I printed all 12 vouchers and while seated in 2B, handed them out randomly to the people at the end of boarding, one guy asked if he could have another. Last night, saw a lady in 1C on BOS-RDU doing the same thing. Never saw so many happy people on a plane.
Did they need assistance in deplaning?
SYRRDU likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
I renewed diamond for this year.

As of 2 day ago I had 5 coupons in my wallet that weren't used, expired 1/31/2019.

Based on this thread I just checked my wallet -- I now have TWO that expire 1/31/2020. Two???
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Well I had 9 on 1/31/19 with 1 expiring that day. Today I have 4 expiring 1/31/20...not sure why Im missing 4 but really not a big deal as I always just gift these as when I travel its always C+ or F/D1. Kind of wish that they would match AA/UA offering and give a free food item to DMs.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:07 am

My husband who is gold got four new drink vouchers in his wallet expiring 1/31/20. I am platinum and did not get any new vouchers. A coach flight coming up tomorrow where I actually might use one of these coupons. I emailed Delta to see if they can get me some vouchers - I actually use them at times.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
My husband who is gold got four new drink vouchers in his wallet expiring 1/31/20. I am platinum and did not get any new vouchers. A coach flight coming up tomorrow where I actually might use one of these coupons. I emailed Delta to see if they can get me some vouchers - I actually use them at times.

Maybe your husband will reply faster than Delta and give/loan you a few. LOL!
xiphoid76 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:43 pm

FWIW I qualified GM in December and presumably received four vouchers then. I haven't flown since and now have eight vouchers in my wallet. Four appear to be wine and four appear to be scotch or bourbon (I know that doesn't matter, but it might indicate when they were issued). All have an expiration date of 1/31/2020.

I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to use them based on what I have booked right now - I suspect tho I'll find a way before next January.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
I got 4 when I reached GM mid last year with an expiration of 1/31/2020 and then another 4 when I reached PM in November with the same expiration of 1/31/2020.

Oddly the first 4 show a of scotch/bourbon and the next 4 have 3 with wine and 1 with scotch/bourbon pic.

I have never used them since I am typically on an international flight with free alcohol and when I fly domestic I am mostly put in C+...
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
I would call DL. I had the same issue and called DL this morning and 4 new drink coupons were put into my wallet immediately.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by TommyD2
I renewed diamond for this year.

As of 2 day ago I had 5 coupons in my wallet that weren't used, expired 1/31/2019.

Based on this thread I just checked my wallet -- I now have TWO that expire 1/31/2020. Two???
So this morning I sent in a comment on the website, they said they were adding four more to my wallet.

They said wait for up to 48 hours, but I already have four more. 1/31/2021 expiration.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.