Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

International Carry On Baggage Stickers/Tags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle

Anyone know why carry-on items get a sticker/tag that identifies the pieces as such when traveling internationally (either to/from/through destinations around the world or from international locations back to the US)? These identifiers are never used within the US or from the US to an international location as US airports don’t stock these stickers/tags (at least not that I have ever seen). It’s a disparity between US and international air travel procedures that I’ve never been able to reconcile.

Currently waiting on an international flight back to the US, so when seeing the stickers, the thought popped into my head. I realize this procedure is not unique to Delta as well, so I assume there must be some underlying security reason.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
The carry on stickers are very common on the Asian airlines, even when departing from the US.

I think this is much more about weight limits than security though.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by exwannabe
The carry on stickers are very common on the Asian airlines, even when departing from the US.

I think this is much more about weight limits than security though.
Now that you mention it, I have seen AF as well handing them out departing the US. Guess it’s the US carriers departing the US who don’t. Interesting about weight limits. Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
In DCA at the check-in station located at the bottom of the bridge from the Metro station, the staff tag my backpack everytime I am on an international itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.