Wiki Posts
Search

777 DeltaOne seating, party of 3

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
777 DeltaOne seating, party of 3

Traveling on an odd-numbered flight, so presumably served back to front. It'll be myself and my parents. Best I could come up with is 7D for me and 6D/5C for them. That way, we're all on the same side and might be able to communicate with each other. Any other ideas?

Will be my first time on this kind of layout, unless Delta updates the 777 by September.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by kamadzu4
Traveling on an odd-numbered flight, so presumably served back to front. It'll be myself and my parents. Best I could come up with is 7D for me and 6D/5C for them. That way, we're all on the same side and might be able to communicate with each other. Any other ideas?

Will be my first time on this kind of layout, unless Delta updates the 777 by September.
I don’t find that FEBO applies to Delta One seating. The purser simply makes his/her way through the cabin as passengers board to take meal requests. I’ve never been denied my choice in Delta One. The only choices I’ve heard denied is on Asian TPAC flights where limited Japanese (or Korean, etc.) meals are stocked and your best bet is to pre-order if you want to be assured of getting one of those meals.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013
I don’t find that FEBO applies to Delta One seating. The purser simply makes his/her way through the cabin as passengers board to take meal requests. I’ve never been denied my choice in Delta One. The only choices I’ve heard denied is on Asian TPAC flights where limited Japanese (or Korean, etc.) meals are stocked and your best bet is to pre-order if you want to be assured of getting one of those meals.
My experience as well, in D1 meal requests seem to always be on an as-boarded basis. If it is TPAC and you want a Japanese/Korean meal, request it online beforehand, but still insist on seeing the menu when you board just to make sure it is something you want. The last time I requested the Japanese meal beforehand, they didn't even put a menu at my seat so I had to ask and I ended up switching. Another passenger was very happy about that as they ended up with my Japanese meal when it otherwise would have been out.

I did have one D1 flight where I was seated right by the galley and heard FAs discussing the meals they wanted before even asking passengers and mysteriously they ran out of one of the options halfway through the cabin
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by kamadzu4
There aren't any good options. The best would be (IMO) something like 7D/6C/6D (or any similar offset, eg 5C/6D/6C), as the A/D seats are slightly offset from the B/C seats. So you'd basically be making a triangle of seats across the aisle.

Alternately, put your parents together in the B/C seats (it'll be slightly easier for them to talk to each other) and take an adjacent seat on one side. eg: 4A/4B/4C, or 3B/4B/4C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.