Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Croasocwd Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Delta Platinum
SPG Croasocwd Upgrade

So my company purchased a Priceline package for flight and rental car to go to Kansas City, and as SPG Platinum I have always been able to upgrade when travel with Delta as part of the crossover benefit. I had V fare this time on my ticket and verified with Delta the day before my trip after 2 hours of long wait over the phone. Their supervisor said no mileage on my ticket because it’s priceline, but I am still eligible for upgrade only at the gate and needs to be activated by GA. When I arrived at the gate the agent said there’s no way the system will let them put me on upgrade even there’s still 6 seats open in the first class and plenty of seats in comfort+. I ended up boarded the flight in my original seat and not knowing who I should looking for the answers. I checked everything on delta’s website regarding to the upgrades and crossover program and there’s nothing said about upgrade not eligible for V fare expect not eligible for award ticket. I normally book direct with Delta, and they said it’s third party ticket so there’s no wat they can upgrade even I offer to pay for it but ironically my Delta app still trying to sell me upgrade on my return trip for both condor + and first class. Anyone had similar issue before?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
This was an opaque booking. Meaning there was no knowledge of which airline booked till after you got the confirmation. These are fly as booked, zero upgrade/benefit tickets.

The confusion comes that Priceline nowadays also sells normal tickets. If you had been booked on one of these you'd be eligible for upgrades.
manacit likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by flyerCO
This was an opaque booking. Meaning there was no knowledge of which airline booked till after you got the confirmation. These are fly as booked, zero upgrade/benefit tickets.

The confusion comes that Priceline nowadays also sells normal tickets. If you had been booked on one of these you'd be eligible for upgrades.
DL calls these 'exception fares', which have their own guidelines around mileage earning and upgrades, there's more information on the Delta site: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ion-fares.html

Now that I'm reading it over, they don't seem to say anything about upgrades. Does anyone have a link to any DL documentation?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by manacit
DL calls these 'exception fares', which have their own guidelines around mileage earning and upgrades, there's more information on the Delta site: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ion-fares.html

Now that I'm reading it over, they don't seem to say anything about upgrades. Does anyone have a link to any DL documentation?
Thats what I thought, I went to DL website read all the rules before I booked V fare as DL wasn’t advertising V fare at the time. In my opinion they can’t enforse unwritten rule if nothing has been cleared published about it, and their supervisor over the phone specifically told me I’m eligible for upgrade just not for miles. What upset me the most was their GA s seemd knows nothing about the SPG program after being introduced almost 3 years...and there were plenty of seats open on the F, I would consider this’s false adversting.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum and Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by yxc94550

Thats what I thought, I went to DL website read all the rules before I booked V fare as DL wasn’t advertising V fare at the time. In my opinion they can’t enforse unwritten rule if nothing has been cleared published about it, and their supervisor over the phone specifically told me I’m eligible for upgrade just not for miles. What upset me the most was their GA s seemd knows nothing about the SPG program after being introduced almost 3 years...and there were plenty of seats open on the F, I would consider this’s false adversting.
I have a friend no status with Delta but he's SPG Platinum. He books directly with Delta and has been upgraded multiple times to C+. Avoid third party booking sites.

Last edited by DeltaAddict; Jan 7, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.