Delta 737-900 First class arrangement

Old Jan 3, 18, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Delta 737-900 First class arrangement

I don't trust seat guru anymore but can't find any write ups on the first class seat config.

I am seated in 5 C and D currently but notice that its right in front of a closet and have restricted recline. Is this the case and would moving to row 3 be worth it?
Old Jan 3, 18, 1:55 pm

SeatGuru says that about pretty much every plane in the Delta fleet and itís not true of any of them. All of the first class seats have the same recline. I actually like 5C/D - the wall makes them feel more private.
Old Jan 3, 18, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OptionsCLE View Post
SeatGuru says that about pretty much every plane in the Delta fleet and itís not true of any of them. All of the first class seats have the same recline. I actually like 5C/D - the wall makes them feel more private.

Great! I was hoping this was the case. Thanks
Old Jan 3, 18, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
imo Rows 2-5 on the 739 are equally meh ... the bulkhead seats are just plain awful
Old Jan 3, 18, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Row 3 will give you a better chance of getting your first choice of meal if they take orders from front to back.
Old Jan 3, 18, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
Row 3 will give you a better chance of getting your first choice of meal if they take orders from front to back.
You gave away my secret..haha
Old Jan 3, 18, 2:55 pm

DL usually does FEBO for meal choice - front to back on even numbered flight and back to front on odd numbered flights. Row 3 would definitely provides the best chance of getting the meal you want and I would select row 3 for that reason. Avoid row 1 - all other F seats on the 739 are equally mediocre so don't go in with your expectations too high and you won't be disappointed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: