Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling Delta Award Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Cancelling Delta Award Ticket

I'm a no status Delta flyer who has recently redeemed miles for 2 one way tix to Jamaica.
I'm considering cancelling the tix and re-booking to a different destination. I'm not familiar with Delta's policy...can someone let me know if I would get my mileage/fees back? Flight is for Feb. 2nd.

Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I'm considering cancelling the tix and re-booking to a different destination. I'm not familiar with Delta's policy...can someone let me know if I would get my mileage/fees back? Flight is for Feb. 2nd.
Yes. If you pay the $150 redeposit fee.
What Will The Redeposit Fee Be If I Cancel An Award Booking?
The Award Ticket redeposit fee is $150 USD. This fee is waived for Diamond and Platinum Medallion members. Award Tickets not canceled at least 72 hours prior to the originating flight departure time are nonrefundable.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:34 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
And if they're two one-ways, you'll have to pay the $150 for each.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can get the fees back when you cancel, as a credit to your original form of payment (credit card used to purchase the tickets). If you cancel before T-72, it's $150 (except for DM and PM ) per ticket to have the miles returned to your account.

However, for Caribbean travel, you might be able to have a nice agent not charge the fee (or not for every ticket) if the original or new destination was affected by the hurricane. I don't think Jamaica was hit or included in a waiver, but perhaps the new place wasn't as badly hit as originally thought when you purchased the award tickets and now you see that the hotel you want in the new destination is operating again....if this is true.
bsdstone likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
for a no status memberif I have 3 award tickets on the same PNRif I just cancel 1 ticket, that is $150 but if I cancel all three is it $150 each {450 total}?do I get my taxes back, in this case its not much but am curiousthanks
Old May 3, 2018, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts
for a no status memberif I have 3 award tickets on the same PNRif I just cancel 1 ticket, that is $150 but if I cancel all three is it $150 each {450 total}?do I get my taxes back, in this case its not much but am curiousthanks

Yes $150 per ticket and of course get taxes back. Note an agent may only charge it once, but it's technically per ticket.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:09 pm

I have cancelled 2 one ways and only been charged one $150 fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.