Search

Drink Coupon Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Drink Coupon Questions

Just received four drink coupons from a friend. These are electronic coupons with a QR code.

1. I'm assuming having them in electronic form will be OK? Will the flight attendants scan them I guess? I'm on all mainline if that makes a difference.

2. Does Delta have a policy on how many drinks you can order, like if I use two coupons for two beers?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Yes, the FA scans them, can be directly from your device.

I'm not aware of the official policy, but I've never been turned down ordering 2 drinks at once. Haven't tried 3.
DCP2016 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Any other Diamonds only receive 4 drink coupons for 2018?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Youngmiler
Yes, it's the same number I got for 2017.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I really wish they would offer something on board for those of us who don't drink alcohol while we fly. I enjoy a drink (or a few!)--but as a rule I never drink while flying, so these are always wasted on me. I wish they could go back to having them be good for either a drink or a food item.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Dia, KM, 2MM, Hilton Dia, Natl Emer Exec. Avis Pres.
I have some drink coupons that expire tomorrow (2/2/18) and glad to send them to someone that can use them today or tomorrow.
PM with your phone #(text) or email address, if thirsty, and I'll send them to you.

Last edited by hortkie; Feb 1, 2018 at 12:45 pm Reason: edit
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Youngmiler
I got 6. 2 right after I re-qualified for Diamond and 4 a few days ago. From another thread, apparently some Diamonds have been successful in replenishing drink coupons mid year by calling the Diamond line.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
I now have 12, but had 8 last week when I checked. I have no idea how I got 12, but they all expire Jan 31, 2019. How do I gift them to someone else? I had my sister and a friend on a flight with me, they were in the back, and I asked a FA to use my coupons for drink sfor them and he said he would just give them a drink and not use my coupons. He did, it was rather nice of him!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:05 am

I need drink coupons

Originally Posted by MinnTee
I now have 12, but had 8 last week when I checked. I have no idea how I got 12, but they all expire Jan 31, 2019. How do I gift them to someone else? I had my sister and a friend on a flight with me, they were in the back, and I asked a FA to use my coupons for drink sfor them and he said he would just give them a drink and not use my coupons. He did, it was rather nice of him!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I really wish they would offer something on board for those of us who don't drink alcohol while we fly. I enjoy a drink (or a few!)--but as a rule I never drink while flying, so these are always wasted on me. I wish they could go back to having them be good for either a drink or a food item.
I'm the same way. The only thing I could figure was that the mark up on alcohol is so much higher than food and they didn't want to give away as much. But I agree, it would be nice of them to find a way to give a bonus for those who aren't drinking.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta gold, United silver
extended coupons?

Originally Posted by hortkie
I have some drink coupons that expire tomorrow (2/2/18) and glad to send them to someone that can use them today or tomorrow.
PM with your phone #(text) or email address, if thirsty, and I'll send them to you.
I had four that expire tomorrow, but suddenly have eight that expire 1/31/19 instead.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: SM/Marriott/Hilton - Diamond
I used 2/4 of mine last year, but got 4 more on 2/1. About 1/3rd of my flights are on CRJ2's and the acceptance of the coupons are inconsistent at best. Do they accept them on the -200 or not? And how do they "use" them on the 200 without wifi?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Coupons Missing From App?

Anyone else missing their drink coupons in the app? The one time I wanted to use one, they were not in my wallet section or anyplace else I could find in the latest version of android app. Upon getting home I can still see them in the desktop version of Delta.com but nothing in the app.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL GM
Try this thread from yesterday:
Drink Vouchers ot showing on mobile app
Old May 28, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: Delta
I was missing them as well. I called the medallion line, the request was submitted and I received them within 48 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.