Drink Coupon Questions

Old Jul 18, 18, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Plat Prem, Hertz PC, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by z06mir View Post
I used 2/4 of mine last year, but got 4 more on 2/1. About 1/3rd of my flights are on CRJ2's and the acceptance of the coupons are inconsistent at best. Do they accept them on the -200 or not? And how do they "use" them on the 200 without wifi?
Iím also curious about this as I have a CRJ-200 flight on Friday. Should I pull it up on the ground or in the air or can it not be used?
Old Jul 18, 18, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA, UA, BA
Originally Posted by paterwdb View Post
I'm the same way. The only thing I could figure was that the mark up on alcohol is so much higher than food and they didn't want to give away as much. But I agree, it would be nice of them to find a way to give a bonus for those who aren't drinking.
Me three. I've got 8 of the lousy things, and I don't drink. They should call them something else and let you redeem them for other stuff, like food or internet. A drink could be worth 1, and they could inflate the other stuff as much as they wanted. Like Green Stamps! (Remember those?)
Old Jul 18, 18, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post

Iím also curious about this as I have a CRJ-200 flight on Friday. Should I pull it up on the ground or in the air or can it not be used?
Pull up on ground or screenshot. On CRJ there's no wifi and thus they just write down the number. Know plenty that print one out and just reuse a
voucher due to no way to validate/track.
Old Jul 18, 18, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG plat
Originally Posted by hotturnip View Post
Me three. I've got 8 of the lousy things, and I don't drink. They should call them something else and let you redeem them for other stuff, like food or internet. A drink could be worth 1, and they could inflate the other stuff as much as they wanted. Like Green Stamps! (Remember those?)

Agreed. I don't drink while flying. I try to give them away to other people, but it would be nice if there was some other use. I really wish they would stock some premium healthy drinks for purchase that these could be used for, such as San Pellegrino, coconut water, cold pressed juices, etc. I really think there would be a market for these kinds of products as people drink less and less sugar based drinks.