A350 Upsell

Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:03 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by ZCY
I have a similar situation - bought one way ticket AUS-DTW-PEK for 685 in main cabin (K). And when I was looking at my trip after checkout, it showed me the offer 'upgrade to PS for $314'.
So I paid the money and upgraded to PS. But at the same time, one-way PS is being sold for $2124.
My flight receipt still shows the class fare is K with an upgrade listed below. But in my online account, it shows me the class fare is P.
MY question is will I get bonus MQMs in this case?
Thank you.
You should get them in this case. Most people report that they're automatically posted correctly for upgrades purchased before day of departure, if they don't post correctly, you can call in and they'll fix it.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
It seems that the upsell gets one 150% MQMs from what is being reported here. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, does the PE upsell on the international leg get F on the domestic leg(s)?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
It seems that the upsell gets one 150% MQMs from what is being reported here. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, does the PE upsell on the international leg get F on the domestic leg(s)?
Usually the up-sell is per leg. So you wouldn't get F on the other legs unless you were offered (and purchased) an upsell for that leg as well.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Usually the up-sell is per leg. So you wouldn't get F on the other legs unless you were offered (and purchased) an upsell for that leg as well.
Thank you, CPMaverick
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:23 pm

Purchased SEA-NRT one way PS for $1000 in a few weeks, got offer to upgrade to D1 for $350 right after purchase (or 35K miles). I never clicked so fast through purchase. Best upgrade offer ever.

Global upgrades were not available at the time of purchase, that's why I purchased PS in the first place. Buying D1 was >$6000 one way or roundtrip.

Edited to add: new booking class is I, so I assume I will get extra qualifying miles as well?

Last edited by AntonS; Jul 12, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AntonS
Purchased SEA-NRT one way PS for $1000 in a few weeks, got offer to upgrade to D1 for $350 right after purchase (or 35K miles). I never clicked so fast through purchase. Best upgrade offer ever.

Global upgrades were not available at the time of purchase, that's why I purchased PS in the first place. Buying D1 was >$6000 one way or roundtrip.

Edited to add: new booking class is I, so I assume I will get extra qualifying miles as well?
PS and D1 in Z, I, D, and C all earn 150% MQM (as does coach in classes Y and B), while D1 FULL business class fares (class J) earn 200%. Sorry, but you still have a bunch of MQMs and a very nice flight at an extremely good price.

However, it's disappointing that DL prefers to upsell D1 for cheap rather than clearing DM GUCs.
bretthexum likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Is the $299 upgrade the offer that is appearing in your online reservation? You might want to do a new search and confirm that they are not selling PS seats for less than $1050 (your $450 fare + the upgrades in both directions). If they are selling it for less than that, you should be able to call in and be upgraded to PS for just the fare difference, without paying a change fee.

Personally I would pay anything within the realm of reasonable and affordable to not fly in coach on a flight of that length.
(Emphasis mine)

That is only true for domestic flights and flights between the U.S./Canada and the Caribbean/Mexico/Central America. For other flights, the change fee without the difference in fare is charged if the fare difference is less than the change fee.

See here for more details:
https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...e-policy-.html
MSPeconomist and jdrtravel like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.