Wiki Posts
Search

Response to being thanked for status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
I usually do a simple thank you or, sometimes, "You guys make it easy..." or some such.
That one is the best. Will borrow it.

But for fun thinking maybe....

"Please address me as Lord Diamond or Sir Diamond as I have been knighted by Mr. Ham Sandwich himself"?
hi55us and Dave737 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Depends on the sincerity of the thanks...if it's at the gate via BP "bedoop" and obviously perfunctory I just nod, if it's sincere I say "thanks back for taking care of me so well."
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by Renes Points
But for fun thinking maybe....

"Please address me as Lord Diamond or Sir Diamond as I have been knighted by Mr. Ham Sandwich himself"?
That's good, too. Maybe I should be addressed as Captain Gold. Or just Donald for short.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I usually say 'Oh, that's my brother. I'm just flying under his name so I can get this great seat!'

Seriously, I never know what to say. I don't really like the attention, but at the same time I appreciate the effort and it usually means it will be a good flight.
If its the GA scanning the boarding pass, its a quick "thank you" and I move on.

Onboard, if they have put in the effort to thank you, they have also put in the effort for it to be an enjoyable flight, so it becomes something along the lines of "thank you, you guys did an excellent job today, thank you for all your hard work - I really appreciate the effort." I think its important to recognize when people do a good job.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: Skymiles
I say thank you, give a weak smile, and explain I am simply held captive due to living in Atlanta.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Say Thank you (for noticing) or you're welcome.

With obvious PMNW crew or at MSP, I'll often mention X years at MSP with over one MM before the merger.

Otherwise, if they're not too rushed, I'll sometimes observe that they (FAs and pilots) fly more than I do.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Skyteam
When DM first started, thank you was sometimes accompanied by a bottle of wine to take home.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
I just mumble "thank you" in reply to the Delta employee. That's all that warranted since Delta management decided my spend or credit card waiver is no longer worthy. Not going to be rude or anything to a front line Delta employee, but only a fool thinks Diamond status is anything special anymore.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I am hardly ever thanked for my status. Trying to remember the last time I was.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I just mumble "thank you" in reply to the Delta employee. That's all that warranted since Delta management decided my spend or credit card waiver is no longer worthy. Not going to be rude or anything to a front line Delta employee, but only a fool thinks Diamond status is anything special anymore.
So because you are no longer able to reach DM, you've decided that it's not special anymore?? In that case, you should be happy that you can't qualify, shouldn't you?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL DM
I am just not sure that a response is necessary. They are prompted by a machine, so they are just doing
the boiler plate thank you. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by The Situation
Onboard, if they have put in the effort to thank you, they have also put in the effort for it to be an enjoyable flight, so it becomes something along the lines of "thank you, you guys did an excellent job today, thank you for all your hard work - I really appreciate the effort." I think its important to recognize when people do a good job.
I've never gotten it after the flight. It's usually at the start. So there isn't much to say about the service yet. Like I said, those that recognize usually do a good job though.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
I just say "Thank you for looking after me and keeping me safe" since the latter is their stated highest priority... and makes it possible for us to reach DM over and over!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
I've received that "thanks" only once. It was last year just a few days before the DL/AS break-up.
Gate Agt: thank you for being Gold
Me: a smile and nod while thinking "well ... if you say so"
Agt: ohhh.. you're Alaska Gold ... silence as I enter the jetbridge then "we thank the Alaska Gold for flying Delta"
CPMaverick and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:26 pm
formerly dave h.

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can SEA it from here!
Programs: SkyMiles, IHG nobody, HH nobody
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
they are just doing the boiler plate thank you.
i don't think that's entirely true. not that i cared, but i got a "i see you're a new silver medallion, congratulations" on my last flight, literally an hour after it posted on the web & app. if it was just a script, she didn't make it sound that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.