Wiki Posts
Search

SeatGuru vs Delta.com - Who's Right?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL exDM MM
SeatGuru vs Delta.com - Who's Right?

Trying to decide on seating for DL1772 for 1/19/2018. Delta.com shows a 767 on this route on that day. SeatGuru says it is an A330.

Is there a pending equipment change? Or has it already happened?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by captiveguru
Trying to decide on seating for DL1772 for 1/19/2018. Delta.com shows a 767 on this route on that day. SeatGuru says it is an A330.

Is there a pending equipment change? Or has it already happened?
Definitely Delta. The airline will reflect its own flight information correctly before outside sources 99.9% of the time, if not more. Delta is not going to update equipment data for SeatGuru prior to having it reflected in its own schedules.

While SeatGuru was once a fantastic resource, these days they often have very out-of-date information on seat maps and I have pretty poor luck at them actually accurately showing me aircraft configurations based on specific flight/date info.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Is this a Delta-operated or Seatguru-operated flight?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
IMO, Seat Guru is totally out of date, most of the time. Incorrect info for majority of my flights, literally the wrong config. Trust DL.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
SeatGuru is worthless for identifying aircraft type on any particular flight.

It's sole value (marginal) is the seat maps and reviews. Should be used as a source of potentially relevant info on that subject, but not definitive, as they're often off on that, too.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you look at the DL flight schedule, you will see it does quite a bit of flipping around between A330 and 767 (and sometimes a 757). It's A330 through Jan 8th (except on the 6th), and then mostly 767's through the rest of January, except on Monday's where it is still an A330. On Saturday's, it's flown by a 757. I suspect SeatGuru has issues with routes that alternate aircraft like this.

https://www.delta.com/content/dam/de..._schedules.pdf
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by steex
Definitely Delta. The airline will reflect its own flight information correctly before outside sources 99.9% of the time, if not more. Delta is not going to update equipment data for SeatGuru prior to having it reflected in its own schedules.

While SeatGuru was once a fantastic resource, these days they often have very out-of-date information on seat maps and I have pretty poor luck at them actually accurately showing me aircraft configurations based on specific flight/date info.
I use a combination, as the missing windows are like Kryptonite to me.

I get the actual seat configuration from DL, and then find that same seating plan on SG. SG rarely comes up with the right map initially, so I search between the different models until they match up.

On SG you can tell which seats are missing windows. Delta could care less.
CPMaverick likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.