Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Bird flies into cockpit, forces Delta flight to turn around

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bird flies into cockpit, forces Delta flight to turn around

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I certainly believe Flight Aware and Delta’s statements on flight time and crew response over a random and likely oblivious passenger quoted in the article.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Tom45
Total flight time was just 34 minutes.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...510Z/KDTW/KDTW

The web article said "shortly after takeoff", while they quoted a passenger saying “literally an hour into the flight”. That passenger must have been chronologically challenged.
If I read it correctly they returned to DTW twice because they couldn’t find the bird the first time. So both statements could be correct.

ETA - after re-reading I see that they were aware of it prior to takeoff and that’s when the unsuccessful search happened so only one division. Sorry!
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pvn
Pretty much everyone who is flying is chronologically challenged. People routinely post here about how a single person taking their shoes off in the pre-check lane delayed everyone by 10 minutes when the reality is it's more like 20 seconds at the most.
Not those that have and know how to use at watch.
Lehava likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.