Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Checking in for flights operated by Delta out of Paris-CDG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checking in for flights operated by Delta out of Paris-CDG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SDQBound

The AF upgrade offers are now ridiculously expensive as AF revamped their cash upgrade policy.
Thanks. How long ago did you notice a change in the upgrade offers (being more expensive)?

Back in Nov last year, I got an offer in the $400-500 usd range to go from premium economy to business for CDG->HKG.

I haven't flown AF since.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Just read this thread for the first time.. wondering how it might affect my upcoming trip:

PNS-ATL-CDG-ZRH. Everything to CDG are Delta jets, with the last leg being Air France. Leaving the US should be a snap..
TSA Precheck in PNS and bags checked all the way to ZRH.

The ZRH-AMS-ATL-PNS might be a bit more tricky. Presumably the ZRH delta agents (or whomever is manning the ticket/check-in) can
print boarding documents which include TSA-Pre, and as usual I would be reunited with my bags in Atlanta CBP/Customs. The bags then go on the
recheck belt, and I would hopefully sail by security with TSA-Pre

Also of note, there are the 2-3 Delta employees manning the assistance desk between Customs and the ATL security - so that's a good
ace to have in one's shoe.

Did I get the information mostly right?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by heckler
Just read this thread for the first time.. wondering how it might affect my upcoming trip:

PNS-ATL-CDG-ZRH. Everything to CDG are Delta jets, with the last leg being Air France. Leaving the US should be a snap..
TSA Precheck in PNS and bags checked all the way to ZRH.

The ZRH-AMS-ATL-PNS might be a bit more tricky. Presumably the ZRH delta agents (or whomever is manning the ticket/check-in) can
print boarding documents which include TSA-Pre, and as usual I would be reunited with my bags in Atlanta CBP/Customs. The bags then go on the
recheck belt, and I would hopefully sail by security with TSA-Pre

Also of note, there are the 2-3 Delta employees manning the assistance desk between Customs and the ATL security - so that's a good
ace to have in one's shoe.

Did I get the information mostly right?
A couple corrections: In ZRH, you’ll be checking in with KLM, not Delta. If you go to the Delta counters, you’ll be in the wrong spot. I know KLM has joined Pre, so it’s possible they can print PreCheck boarding passes, but I wouldn’t guarantee it. Also, in ATL, you may have to exit as a local passenger in ATL to get Pre. I don’t think the international recheck checkpoint has Pre, but others would probably know that better than me.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
A couple corrections: In ZRH, you’ll be checking in with KLM, not Delta. If you go to the Delta counters, you’ll be in the wrong spot.
I think the thought was that since there is a DL counter, there'd be someone available there to print it correctly (even if it's not the right place to check in for the first segment). However, ZRH ground handling is contracted through Swissport anyway so the people at the Delta counter won't have access to much except for the passengers on one of Delta's own flights from ZRH that day.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:46 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
If you have pre, you can get the boarding pass on your delta app when you land in the states.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:56 am

I've found that both the AF website and the KLM website will now accept the DL PNR.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
NWA.com used to show you both their PNR and the AF/KL PNR. Now I call the Diamond line and ask for the AF PNR. I then go to airfrance.us, enter the PNR and select my seat as well as add any contact, including passport info that didn't carry over from Delta. Once you have that info in your AF record, AF is good about emailing you when its time to check-in as well as other updates about your flight. Bottom line: the AF PNR should let you check-in online. I've also found I can use the AF iPhone app to monitor my flight and get electronic boarding passes once I have the AF PNR.

FWIW: Delta does have a script built into their desktop website that is supposed to automatically copy your partner PNR and take you to their site when you click to check in for a flight that is handled by a partner. It doesn't always work, especially on mobile devices.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: DL DM
That's great news.
I just tried it and it worked.
I've also been seeing better integration on picking seats between AF KL AZ DL too.

Very cool / It's about time

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I've found that both the AF website and the KLM website will now accept the DL PNR.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by puddinhead
If you're connecting to another flight in the US your AF/KL BP won't show Pre-Check. You will have to check in on delta.com 24 hours before your US flight's departure and don't login. Just enter the PNR and the US city as a departure city to get a Delta BP with Pre-Check.
Depending on where you u arrive in the US for your onward connecting flight, it may not matter. For instance, at ATL the post-customs security checkpoint doesn't have a Pre-check line.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:37 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
It's been the case since at least 2012.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 11:17 am

I don't think this is the case.
Up until recently we've never been able to choose seats, order special meals, etc without first getting the AF/KL PNR from Delta and calling up the flight that way.
Maybe for check in it worked? I wouldn't swear that it didn't....I don't think I ever tried that before having already gotten the AF PNR

It's been the case since at least 2012.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
Up until recently we've never been able to choose seats, order special meals, etc without first getting the AF/KL PNR from Delta and calling up the flight that way.
Maybe for check in it worked? I wouldn't swear that it didn't....I don't think I ever tried that before having already gotten the AF PNR
Yes, for check-in I've been able to use the DL PNR 30 hours before departure (standard AF check-in time) since at lest 2012. To access a reservation, it gets tricky. If no AF/KL flights are involved, then you need to get the PNR from Delta. If at least an AF/KL is present in the itinerary, the DL PNR has always worked.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Yes, for check-in I've been able to use the DL PNR 30 hours before departure (standard AF check-in time) since at lest 2012. To access a reservation, it gets tricky. If no AF/KL flights are involved, then you need to get the PNR from Delta. If at least an AF/KL is present in the itinerary, the DL PNR has always worked.
Very interesting. Are you saying that there will be an AF/KL PNR even if the itinerary contains no AF/KL flights? Even for purely domestic trips operated by DL?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
To clarify: it's best if you have an AF or KL flight to go to klm.us or airfrance.us and access your reservation from their site so you can: select a seat, add your passport info, add your contact info. More and more, you can use your DL PNR on AF or KL's websites (especially for check-in), but it's always a safe bet to ask Delta for the KL or AF PNR for your reservation and go to their sites to update your info and select/verify seats.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 11:31 pm

I have 2 itineraries coming up - both DL flight #s booked on delta.com. One is all KLM metal, the other all AF.

The AF and KLM websites both recognized the PNR, and recognized my status which allowed me to select seats for free. The seats I selected showed up immediately on delta.com.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am

Yep, you can't trust what DL is displaying for seats on partner metal - at least up until now.
They've been better lately and this thing of AF/KL accepting the DL PNR might be the sign of better integration.
I ask for the other PNR out of habit now, but once I've seen it all work consistently for a while, it wuld be nice to drop that step.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
To clarify: it's best if you have an AF or KL flight to go to klm.us or airfrance.us and access your reservation from their site so you can: select a seat, add your passport info, add your contact info. More and more, you can use your DL PNR on AF or KL's websites (especially for check-in), but it's always a safe bet to ask Delta for the KL or AF PNR for your reservation and go to their sites
to update your info and select/verify seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.