Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Beverages Comfort Plus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Complimentary Beverages Comfort Plus

I am flying PHX/NAP in September. In considering purchasing Comfort Plus, I have 3 questions:

1. How easy is it to get beer/wine in Comfort since it's only an upgraded Economy?
2. How attentive are the FA's, in general?
3. Any chance that the Comfort Plus program/fare will be embellished in the next 8 months?

Thank you
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by service1010
I am flying PHX/NAP in September. In considering purchasing Comfort Plus, I have 3 questions:

1. How easy is it to get beer/wine in Comfort since it's only an upgraded Economy?
2. How attentive are the FA's, in general?
3. Any chance that the Comfort Plus program/fare will be embellished in the next 8 months?

Thank you
1. No problem. You can also get liquor if you want it.
2. In general, the same as in regular economy.
3. I'd put those chances at slim to none. What exactly are you hoping they will do to "embellish" it?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Read the original post as Napa. Rough morning. Lol

Last edited by apodo77; Dec 30, 2017 at 7:41 pm
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What do you mean by "embellish"?

Better seats, pitch, food?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NAP as in Naples, Italy? Note that all of coach get free beer/wine/liquor on long-haul international. C+ only gives you some extra legroom and a little bit more recline on those flights (meal/snacks are the same as the rest of coach).
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ncwillett
1. No problem. You can also get liquor if you want it.
2. In general, the same as in regular economy.
3. I'd put those chances at slim to none. What exactly are you hoping they will do to "embellish" it?
I am not sure if this is how you reply to a response...... I am going to spend (too much) money to buy my Comfort+ RT.. Since it really is only an economy seat with a smidge more legroom and a better recline, I am hoping that Delta adds more services to this fare class. Like attentive FA that one gets in BC/F so that wine can be refilled etc.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apodo77
The FA’s will most likely do one pass of service and then clean up.
Ive asked for doubles in C+ and never been denied.
So, once they 'clean up' I can't get a wine refill? Should I walk back to Galley to request?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
What do you mean by "embellish"?

Better seats, pitch, food?
For what I will be paying for my Comfort+ seat (I didn't want to wait until closer to the date as I want to ensure that I get C+ and the seat that I want) I want a wider seat than E, and easier access to wine! It's a long trip from MSP to CDG!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:38 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
So, once they 'clean up' I can't get a wine refill? Should I walk back to Galley to request?
On a TATL segment you will get a drink service before dinner, then a top-up at dinner. There may be another service mid-flight (usually not on the US-Europe segments given the time and desire to sleep). You will get an opportunity for one more round before landing.

If you want more either go to the galley or push the FA call button. Since booze is free in all cabins on TATL there shouldn't be an issue getting an additional drink at any time.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:39 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For what I will be paying for my Comfort+ seat (I didn't want to wait until closer to the date as I want to ensure that I get C+ and the seat that I want) I want a wider seat than E, and easier access to wine! It's a long trip from MSP to CDG!
Wider seat ins't going to happen. Neither is a dedicated FA for C+.

Wine will be available via the multiple drink services, the FA call button, or back in the galley.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Since it really is only an economy seat with a smidge more legroom and a better recline, I am hoping that Delta adds more services to this fare class. Like attentive FA that one gets in BC/F so that wine can be refilled etc.
While DL has played with service changes to C+, at the end fo the day as you observe these are simply economy seats that have more legroom and better recline. (There has never been and will never be a dedicated C+ FA.) Long term the plan is to switch to "Premium Select" (Premium Economy), which may be what you're looking for.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Attentive FA?

If you scan through posts here, you will find PLENTY of folks that had trouble getting FA service in First Class. Not to say it is the norm, but often times it feels like it.

The only way you can get wider seat is if they
a) take out one seat in the row and somehow adjust for where the aisle should be.
or
b) Push out the side walls of the plane.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
...or just press the button?

FlyingUnderTheRadar and wds17 like this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:59 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thinking about this a bit more, I wonder if you should re-evaluate the value proposition of C+. If the extra legroom and recline aren't all that important to you, you might be better off saving the C+ upgrade fee and riding in Economy. The booze will be free and you will have some extra cash for your trip.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: FB Gold, MB Plat, Hertz President's Circle
I agree with TTT. Service on Delta TATL flights is pretty good in general. The only advantage in C+ is that you get to be one of the first being served (on top of the better seat, etc.).

Personally, I've never had any issues getting additional drinks (or snacks, for that matter) on Delta flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.